Health Safety & Environmental Coordinator
- 4421 SC-81, Anderson, SC 29621, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch!
The Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Coordinator is responsible for all assigned aspects of the environmental, health and safety programs. This responsibilities of this role includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting in the development, implementation and administration of corporate environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that federal, state and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules are observed.
- Driving awareness and culture towards safety excellence in all work areas.
- Monitoring activities where accidents could occur, halting any operation or activity that constitutes an imminent hazard to personnel, environment or equipment; Investigating incidents using methodical problem solving techniques to identify root cause.
- Actively supporting, and at times, leading continual improvement process with Safety Committees to reduce and eliminate workplace hazards and risks.
- Assist in maintaining HSE training programs to satisfy specific regulatory and Bosch requirements, and to improve overall environmental, safety and health performance within the company.
- Examine plans and specifications for new machinery or processes.
- Maintain ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 programs, OSHA log, SDS, safety programs and conduct required training.
- Participate in internal and external audits of HSE.
- Perform other essential and related duties as may be required.
The position includes a focus on occupational health and safety, with opportunities to gain experience in environmental programs. This role is based at our Anderson, SC automotive parts manufacturing site, but will also directly support the Fountain Inn, SC manufacturing site, occasional onsite travel to Fountain Inn <5% of the time. As a part of the Robert Bosch North America organization, this role will have the opportunity to network and at times support activities with facilities nationwide.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years experience in environmental industry.
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years work experience knowledge of regulatory bodies and standards (OSHA, EPA, ISO, IFC, NFPA, DOT, RCRA, TSCA, etc.). Previous certification or training a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental, Chemical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Ability to research federal, state, and local regulations, interpretations, and applications of solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team, while driving individual project work and activities towards the team's goals.
- Embrace responsibility, initiative, capacity to work independently and dedication to producing high quality work through a high level of personal motivation, integrity, and accountability.
- Must have the ability to prioritize in a challenging environment of competing needs, implement and bring projects to closure in a timely manner.
- Effective communicator with demonstrated ability to interact comfortably and communicate effectively to multiple cross functional audiences and teams.
- Creativity, energy, speed, dependability, and organizational skills that will enable management of multiple priorities.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Strong computer and data management skills desired. Experience with web-based applications, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, is required.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)