- 2300 City Line Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18017, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world’s leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team able to work until the right solution is found from more than 30 industries and all drive and control technologies. This is what makes Bosch Rexroth a strong, reliable partner for Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering and Factory Automation. As the Drive & Control Company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries.
The Financial Analyst – Trainee develops skills and techniques to act as finance & controlling partner for one or more Product Classes and Shared Services Areas. After conclusion of the training schedule, they act as a key driver to the successful monitoring, reporting, planning and forecasting of the financial health of the business within their area of responsibility. Utilizing the advanced concepts of value based management, the Financial Analyst - Trainee will identify, recommend and coordinate cost reduction measures to achieve planned results. The position is expected to interact with cross functional groups and at all levels of management.
After completion of Trainee period:
- Preparation of annual business plan and quarterly forecast for the responsible product class and Shared Services departments
- Support month-end closing activities incl. required adjustments and corrections
- Analysis of monthly results, explain deviations from plan and recommend measures for improvement
- Monitoring of fixed cost development incl. variance analysis, identify risks and opportunities
- Monitor and Control cost center expenses in the responsible area. Regular interaction and coordination with department management to analyze deviations from plan and identify measures to achieve business plan
- Monitor, report and analyze personnel capacity and personnel costs within the area of responsibility
- Prepare variance analysis reports to support commercial management decision making
- Review, analysis and reporting of incoming orders, sales, customer profitability; ensure correct valuation of product costs and review material master updates affecting standard costs.
- Analysis of order profitability and cash flow for Engineer-to-Order projects during the complete quote-to-cash cycle
- Support Sales & Engineering teams during the quotation phase for new business opportunities, ensuring realistic cost estimates and alignment with margin expectations and strategic market objectives.
- Detailed analysis of product cost for high-runner parts; collaborate with the responsible Value Stream manager on cost reduction potentials and the achievement of a market driven cost target.
- Participate in critical projects and initiatives of overhead departments & coordinate all controlling and finance related activities
- Prepare capital budgeting decision models (e.g. calculating NPV, IRR, make or buy decision) and analysis for commercial management
- Prepare regular presentations to the management on various topics mentioned above
- Constantly strive for continuous improvement of processes (CIP). Identify and lead CIP projects within the department or cross-functional teams; pro-actively drive a learning and improvement culture.
- Support the implementation of advanced methods and tools for KPI dashboards, data analytics, predictive financial modelling and scenario analysis
- Perform other essential and related duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting or related field from an accredited institution (ex. CHEA)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (including Macros) and proficiency in other MS Office applications
- Experience with SAP FI/CO/BW or similar ERP system
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Customer oriented mindset with high sense of accountability
- Dedicated, self-motivated, proactive, and high energy individual with strong desire to exceed expectations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology
- AWIM (A World in Motion)