- 1613 Progress Dr, Albion, IN 46701, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Electrical Drives Division of Robert Bosch LLC – ED/TS-NA Albion is a leading automotive supplier and manufacturer of cooling fans, coolant valves and high precision molded components.
Our products and services fulfill the highest demands of our customers concerning quality, function, cost, dynamic, safety and comfort.
Our innovative strength is based on continuously increasing technological competence in mechanics, electrics and electronics as well as global presence and market orientation.
Customer satisfaction is key to our Success. We are committed to producing perfect Quality, to being pro-active in meeting our Customers' requests, and to being a good partner in developing new solutions that meet and exceed our Customers' expectations.
The foundation for the ED NA business is our Associates. Our Associates are engaged, motivated, and they take ownership for the success of our business in North America.
- Albion Plant Vision: Secure Bosch future by providing a distinct competitive advantage regarding quality, profitability, technology and overall customer satisfaction through measureable lean processes and molding competencies.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting various aspects of the Quality Management and Methods (QMM) for the Bosch Albion plant in a very dynamic and time critical landscape. In addition, the Quality Engineer will actively participate as a vital team member that will support in new product launch, existing production, problem solving, and continuous improvement activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides interface between plant to plant and customer quality issues to resolve concerns, complaints, material disposition and reporting as required.
Promotes and supports APQP by participating in advanced quality programs with internal and external customers.
Represents Quality in cross functional teams and is responsible to prepare and submit PPAP for approval with internal and external customers.
Conducts returned part analysis from internal and external customers with support of manufacturing engineering and production.
Supports customer or third party plant audits, surveys or visits.
Visit customer plants as needed in support of quality concerns or program launch activity.
Reviews internal and external quality performance statistics and makes recommendations for actions required.
Lead and/or support structured problem solving processes for internal and external concerns with follow-up on actions to confirm effective corrective actions
Coordinates suspect material sorting and disposition with the support of internal quality auditors and manufacturing personnel, along with 3rd party providers as required.
Coordinates control plan and inspection plan development, measuring and inspection equipment evaluation, and inspection strategies.
Promotes and supports the company quality policy, procedures, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Perform quality assurance and other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- 3 to 5 years quality and/or manufacturing engineering experience.
- Automotive background and experience with customer specific requirements (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, etc.)
- Problem solving experience using methodologies such as 8D, Shainin, or Six Sigma.
- APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, and MSA experience.
- Strong communication, organization, project management skills with attention to detail.
- Background in plastic injection molding and manufacturing assembly processes a plus.
- CQE certification desired.
- By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
- BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, and Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)