Software Tester - Conference Systems
- EN109, Zona Industrial de Ovar, Lugar da Pardala, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Ovar belongs to the Building Technologies division and is focused on bringing solutions to the market that are shaping the smart cities of the future. The company develops and produces innovative solutions for security and communication systems, fire alarms and electronic displays. With about 700 employees, its success lies in the highly specialized and innovative team and technological know-how.
A Conference system is a system supporting big or even huge meetings. Basically a Conference system consists out of Delegate devices and optionally Interpretation devices which are connected via Ethernet/IP.
Most important functionality of the system is to assure that audio (spoken message) is captured and streamed towards each Delegate device such that people do hear and understand each other. Additionally the system might support interpretation of different languages if multi-language meetings are held.
Extra features to support meetings like e.g. Voting are implemented in the system as well.
Software is running on a central server and on each individual device which are developed in Eindhoven (Netherlands). Software running on the devices is mainly written in C++ and depending on the device type running on FreeRTOS of Linux.
Software is developed in SCRUM teams executing 2-week sprints, Software Quality is considered as an important aspect and therefore we value Clean Code.
Your contribution to something big:
- Define and set-up test framework to support automatic testing of the Software Under Test (SUT)
- Typically addressing tests of Q2, Q3 and Q4 in the Agile Testing Quadrants
- Decide on which tests to automate
- Define test cases and write test script to test against the specifications
- Determine which tests to execute when, e.g. daily or per release
- Ensure smooth operation of testing like e.g. daily testing, exploratory testing and release testing
- Reports test results
- Submitting defects of failing test cases
- Operates according Agile principles
What distinguishes you:
- University education in computer or software science at Bachelor level or higher
- Specific knowledge of test technologies like e.g. boundary testing
- Knowledge of main programming/scripting languages like e.g. C#, Java, Python
- Familiar with the Agile Testing Quadrants
- Experience in writing black box and GUI test cases
- Experience in using Gherkin scenario’s (Behaviour Driven Testing)
- Experience in programming in C#
- Experience in using happy flows, alternative flows and sad flows
- Experience in using test tools like e.g. Cucumber
- Experience in Functional Testing but also None-Functional testing like e.g. “ility” Testing
- Experience in Configuration Management tools like e.g. Subversion, Git
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!