Staff/ Senior/ Engineer -Embedded Software Development
- Free Industrail Zone 1, Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Penang) Sdn Bhd
Bosch has been present in Malaysia since 1923, represented by Robert Bosch Sdn Bhd, with offices located in Selangor and Penang. In Malaysia, Bosch has diversified businesses in Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The company has three manufacturing plants in Penang providing Car Multimedia, Power Tools and Automotive Steering systems. In 2017, Malaysia contributed sales of RM 615 million (127 million euro) and employed more than 2,800 associates.
- Develop embedded firmware which run on Bosch product which base on test requirement from manufacturing and engineering
- The embedded firmware shall be able to interact with manufacturing and engineering test system via physical interface such as serial, Ethernet, and USB
- Work closely with embedded firmware team in Malaysia and Germany in order to achieve common product development goal
- Assist engineering team to perform HW-SW integration bring up during development phases.
- Assist Manufacturing in troubleshooting manufacturing related problems.
- Provide post production and failure analysis support.
- Collaborate as project team member on Software design matters.
- Capture and evaluate customer, internal requirements and vehicle specific interface requirements. Identify suitable concept in terms of functional, technological and effort.
- Adhere to Bosch Software Engineering Process as e.g.:
- Perform requirement reviews, design reviews and code reviews.
- Perform unit testing and release of the software according to SW release process.
- Develop the SW design taking into consideration the dependencies to other module and integration into the overall system.
- SW programming using both standard and proprietary software tools and libraries.
- Create SW test specifications and protocols, if necessary develop test SW. Executes test plans to ensure new software meets specifications, functionalities and performance requirements.
- Analyse failure log, clarify system problems and resolve design issues.
- Develop and produce technical reports, design analysis and documentation in support of designs.
- Strong knowhow on C
- Experience in Real time operating system (RTOS)
- Adequate knowhow on microcontroller and COTS SOCs
- Proven working experience in embedded software engineering
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Adequate knowledge of computer peripheral interfaces(eg SPI, UART, etc)
- Flexible working hours
- Leave Entitlement eg: Annual Leave, Medical Leave and etc