Embedded Software Development Engineer
- Free Industrail Zone 1, Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Penang) Sdn Bhd
Bosch Car Multimedia is a business division within the Mobility Solutions business sector of the Bosch Group. The division develops smart integration solutions for entertainment, navigation, telematics and driver assistance functions used in original equipment businesses. The needs of the driver are always at the focus of all research and development activities to create technologies that enhance safety and driving convenience and at the same time reduce energy consumption. The Bosch Car Multimedia plant in Penang, Robert Bosch (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, is one of the eight pioneering companies which started operation in the Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone back in 1972. This plant develops and manufactures navigation and infotainment systems, integrated head units, car radios as well as Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) products.
CM-CI1/ENG-Pg is the research and development department for Robert Bosch Car Multimedia in Penang and serves as a center for global engineering services integrated into the CM development network. CM-CI1/ENG-Pg is divided into five sections: CM-CI1/ESS-Pg: Engineering Software and System Test, CM-CI1/EPM-Pg: Project Management, CM-CI1/EPX-Pg: Project management and engineering support for small control units (xCU), CM-CI1/EHM-Pg: Engineering Hardware and Mechanics, and CM-CI1/EPS-Pg: Product data management, resource management and central services.
CM-CI1/ENG-Pg provides engineering services in Mechanical-, HW- and SW - engineering as well as system test and project management to CM-CI1. PS-SD is supported by CM-CI1/ENG-Pg in terms of plant project management & engineering support for small control units. PgP1 receives manufacturing related engineering support from CM-CI1/ENG-Pg. In all domains CM-CI1/ENG-Pg is responsible for cost driven platform architecture and development.
CM-CI1/ESS-Pg 1 and 2 are the embedded software development team within CM-CI1/ENG-Pg. We are responsible to execute complete embedded software development lifecycle. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software system.
- Develop embedded firmware which run on Bosch product which base on test requirement from manufacturing and engineering
- The embedded firmware shall be able to interact with manufacturing and engineering test system via physical interface such as serial, Ethernet, and USB
- Work closely with embedded firmware team in Malaysia and Germany in order to achieve common product development goal
- Assist engineering team to perform HW-SW integration bring up during development phases.
- Assist Manufacturing in troubleshooting manufacturing related problems.
- Provide post production and failure analysis support.
- Collaborate as project team member on Software design matters.
- Capture and evaluate customer, internal requirements and vehicle specific interface requirements. Identify suitable concept in terms of functional, technological and effort.
- Adhere to Bosch Software Engineering Process as e.g.:
- Perform requirement reviews, design reviews and code reviews.
- Perform unit testing and release of the software according to SW release process.
- Develop the SW design taking into consideration the dependencies to other module and integration into the overall system.
- SW programming using both standard and proprietary software tools and libraries.
- Create SW test specifications and protocols, if necessary develop test SW. Executes test plans to ensure new software meets specifications, functionalities and performance requirements.
- Analyse failure log, clarify system problems and resolve design issues.
- Develop and produce technical reports, design analysis and documentation in support of designs.
- Strong knowhow on C
- Experience in Real time operating system (RTOS)
- Adequate knowhow on microcontroller and COTS SOCs
- Proven working experience in embedded software engineering
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Adequate knowledge of computer peripheral interfaces(eg SPI, UART, etc)
- Flexible working hours
- Leave Entitlement eg: Annual Leave, Medical Leave and etc