- Free Industrial Zone 1, Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Penang) Sdn Bhd
Bosch Car Multimedia is a business division within the Mobility Solutions business sector of the Bosch Group. The division develops smart integration solutions for entertainment, navigation, telematics and driver assistance functions used in original equipment businesses. The needs of the driver are always at the focus of all research and development activities to create technologies that enhance safety and driving convenience and at the same time reduce energy consumption. The Bosch Car Multimedia plant in Penang, Robert Bosch (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, is one of the eight pioneering companies which started operation in the Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone back in 1972. This plant develops and manufactures navigation and infotainment systems, integrated head units, car radios as well as Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) products.
CM-CI1/ENG-Pg is the research and development department for Robert Bosch Car Multimedia in Penang and serves as a center for global engineering services integrated into the CM development network. CM-CI1/ENG-Pg is divided into five sections: CM-CI1/ESS-Pg: Engineering Software and System Test, CM-CI1/EPM-Pg: Project Management, CM-CI1/EPX-Pg: Project management and engineering support for small control units (xCU), CM-CI1/EHM-Pg: Engineering Hardware and Mechanics, and CM-CI1/EPS-Pg: Product data management, resource management and central services.
CM-CI1/ENG-Pg provides engineering services in Mechanical-, HW- and SW - engineering as well as system test and project management to CM-CI1. PS-SD is supported by CM-CI1/ENG-Pg in terms of plant project management & engineering support for small control units. PgP1 receives manufacturing related engineering support from CM-CI1/ENG-Pg. In all domains CM-CI1/ENG-Pg is responsible for cost driven platform architecture and development.
CM-CI1/EPM-Pg is responsible for overall project management mainly focusing on development activities including defining project strategies following Bosch Product Development Process to secure successful deliverables to the customers. On top of day-to-day project management tasks, EPM team provides support to new business acquisition activities (RFI, RFQ)..
- Lead project team towards realizing product development based on Robert Bosch Product Development Process (PEP).
- Ensure that the right product is developed and delivered based on Bosch’s quality standard and contract requirements.
- Accountable for project targets in terms of time, cost and scope (quality).
- Utilize project management methodologies, processes and tools as defined by Bosch.
- Responsible for Project RFQ activities and target costing.
- Constantly monitor and report status of the project to the management.
- Contributes competencies evaluation and project goal achievement of project team members to functional/line managers.
- Identify, implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve desired output.
- Develop and implements recovery plans for unforeseen occurrences.
- Coach project team to achieve project goals.
- Negotiate differences with customer and internal to fulfill project goals.
- Provide measureable input into new products, processes, standards or operational plans in support of the organization's business strategies, with some impact on business unit/function overall result.
- Mentor employees within specific sub functions.
- Master / Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Typically more than 7 years of working experience in the field of development (R&D), with preferably 3 years in project management or relevant cross-functional leadership experience.
- Able to deliver convincing presentations on a large scale.
- Experience in project management knowledge areas as defined by PMI®.
- Ability to work in cross-functional team environment in a global scale.
- Proven experience in automotive industries would be an added advantage.
- Flexible working hours
- Leave Entitlement eg: Annual Leave, Medical Leave and etc