Machine Learning Research Intern
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Palo Alto, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Human Machine Interaction (HMI), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design.
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) was founded in early 2017 to deploy cutting-edge AI technologies across Bosch products and services creating solutions that are "Invented for life." This position will be in the BCAI team at the Bosch Research and Technology Center (RTC) in Pittsburgh, PA. This internship role focuses on the integration of computer vision algorithms with human intelligence and requires the following responsibilities:
- Development and deployment of novel Deep Learning algorithms, implementation and evaluation using multi-modal Bosch data from application areas such as autonomous driving and robotics
- Technical discussions and creation of new ideas within the existing Deep Learning research team
- Clean, efficient, and well-documented implementation of new deep learning methods
- Runtime analysis and improvements of existing deep learning implementations
- Improve efficiency with human in the loop
- Integration with web services
- Work with team members to solve the challenges in data annotation
- Pursuing a PhD or master degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics
- 2+ years of programming experience, in particular Python
- 2+ years experience in Machine Learning, or Deep Learning
- 1+ years experience in with Deep Learning frameworks (PyTorch, Keras, or Tensorflow)
- Broad knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms and principles
- Familiarity with Linux
- Proficiency in Machine Learning algorithms and principles
- Established publication record in Machine Learning or Computer Vision
- Experience with large scale datasets for autonomous driving: German Traffic Sign Recognition Benchmark, KITTI, Caltech Pedestrian benchmark, ...
- Excellent communication skills
- 4 months of part-time or full-time Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 internship, OR 3 months of Summer 2020 internship
- Internship duration is extendible.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)