Software Engineer, Deep Learning
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
We are an innovative startup from Bosch, called Security and Safety Things (https://www.securityandsafetythings.com), working to build an open application platform for smart cameras. Using our Android-based (AOSP) operating system, developers can build computer vision applications to solve traditional problems in the area of security and safety as well as advanced use cases for analytics and business intelligence. We are enabling our partners to develop applications in domains such as smart cities, airport security, brick-and-mortar retail analytics, smart buildings, manufacturing, and more.
Let’s build better security and safety systems. Together!
The current generation of computing hardware makes it possible to take advantage of Deep Learning on embedded devices (“at the edge”) to build advanced applications like those described above. As an expert in AI, your job is to lead the way in the development and application of state-of-the art approaches to efficiently run Deep Learning inference directly on our target devices. You will use your broad knowledge to blend Deep Learning techniques with traditional Machine Learning and Computer Vision approaches to solve real-world problems.
- Develop approaches to train and modify deep learning models so that they run efficiently on edge devices
- Implement proof-of-concept deep learning applications running on edge devices
- Continually monitor and apply the latest developments in the field to enable developers to get the most from our platform
- Develop recommendations and documentation for 3rd party developers in best practices for our platform
- Create high level libraries and re-usable components to enable developers to take advantage of deep learning on a range of hardware.
- Evaluate new hardware platforms and determine how to efficiently run deep learning and computer vision applications on these devices
As a Software Engineer, Deep Learning candidate, you bring:
- BS Degree in Computer Science
- 1+ year software engineering experience with at least one language such as Python, C/C++, or Java
- 1+ year experience in deep learning, machine learning, or computer vision
- Experience with the latest programming tools and frameworks for deep learning
Ideally, you also bring:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science with focus on Deep Learning for vision applications
- 3+ years’ engineering experience in deep learning, machine learning, or computer vision
- Advanced experience with porting Deep Learning models to a range of different embedded hardware platforms
- In-depth understanding of when to apply Deep Learning vs. traditional approaches from Machine Learning or Computer Vision
- Demonstrable ability to apply state-of-the-art approaches to solve engineering problems
- Experience with mobile development such as Android or iOS
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)