Senior Frontend Developer (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center of Bosch Thermotechnology in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes and cities more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
Your contribution to something big
- Support on design and development of web frontend applications (cross-browser, cross-device and cross-platform solutions) according to given requirements;
- Write clean and well organized code, respecting code guidelines and good practices, in order to guarantee quality, reliability, scalability and easy maintenance;
- Define code guidelines and share good practices to junior frontend developers;
- Understand key server-side web development concepts, enabling future development of proven solutions on a long-term;
- Clarify frontend requirements with internal (or external) customers as input for development in order to fulfill the customer’s expectations;
- Bring in new ideas on how to solve and improve features;
- Mentor junior developers in pair coding sessions and train them in more complex development tasks;
- Easily provide estimates and assess risks in order to accomplish deliver times;
- Solid understanding of browser performance best practices;
- Capability to work autonomously during some project phases and support the team leader on his short absence.
What distinguishes you
- Masters or bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar;
- 3+ years of experience in similar functions;
- Strong knowledge in software patterns;
- Strong HTML skills;
- Experience with CSS preprocessors and CSS best practices;
- Good Angular skills;
- Good skills in writing tests scripts;
- Basic skills in Java Backend development;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work in an international team environment;
- Team player for efficient collaborative working style;
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and apply own initiative to find solutions;
- Pro-active, dynamic and responsible attitude;
- Willingness to travel to Germany;
- Fluent in English.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!