Field Application Engineer / Specialist - MCD
- ETAS India, Delhi, India
- Legal Entity: ETAS Automotive India Private Ltd.
ETAS was founded in Germany in 1994 as a subsidiary of Robert Bosch. The company supplies a complete spectrum of solutions and services for improving quality and efficiency of the development of embedded systems. The most prestigious automotive companies in the world are among our customers. With deploying ETAS tools and solutions they are benefitting from shorter development timelines and increased software quality.
A position at ETAS provides potential for growth and personal development and gets you in touch with the latest advancements in automotive embedded systems.
We especially welcome applications from automotive engineers with entrepreneurial mindset.
Key job responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
· Gain detailed understanding of the customer’s business and become familiar with the customers organization. Identify and communicate opportunities for ETAS solutions and services.
· Acquire and maintain an overview of ETAS product line with focus on solutions for software engineering.
· Also, keep up to date with the technological development (standards, protocols, methodology, processes) in the area of automotive embedded systems.
· Utilize this understanding for enhancing the customers’ efficiency and for providing optimized solutions to customer issues.
· Engage in proof of concept (POC) projects, evaluation projects to demonstrate the technical feasibility of the solution.
· Respond to technical issues from customers with credibility and professionalism. Provide technical assistance, guidance, trouble shooting, coaching and training to customer.
· Create use cases and success stories for customers’ efficiency improvement via tools & solutions’ deployment.
· Support regional marketing activities together with sales colleague (campaigns, customer events, roadshows, demos, local flyers, etc.)
· Solid knowledge of automotive domain, automotive embedded system, standards and development processes.
· Good understanding of ECU SW architecture.
· ECU SW development experience. C programming for embedded controllers. Model based SW development is an added advantage.
· Hands on experience developing basic software (BSW) components, communication protocols (CAN, CCP, XCP).
· Overview of automotive standards like AUTOSAR, ASAM.
· Understanding / overview of calibration process will be added advantage.
· Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to take up complete ownership in the area of responsibility.
· Excellent oral/written communication, good interpersonal skills required.
· Customer interaction experience is an added advantage.
· A desire for continuous self-improvement is essential in this role to support ETAS’ mission to become the preferred partner for automotive embedded system development.
· Flexibility to travel to customers in India and occasional visits to ETAS headquarter in Germany.
Qualification: BE/ BTech / ME/ MTech
Experience: 4-6 Years