Powertrain Solutions Calibration Engineer (Broadview, IL)
- 2800 S 25th Ave, Broadview, IL 60155, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Powertrain Solutions is a provider of diversified powertrain products and solutions in our three market segments Electric Vehicles (EL), Passenger Cars (PC), and Commercial Vehicles / Off-Road (CV/OR) – from gasoline and diesel injection to electric drives with battery and fuel cell technologies.
88,000 associates in 27 countries and more than 90 locations worldwide are playing their part in the success of Powertrain Solutions.
As an Automotive Powertrain Calibration Engineer, you must be motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work with vehicles, software, and algorithms to design and release calibrations for various Powertrain Systems to meet customer design and performance requirements, while meeting all regulations.
- Perform development activities on engine and chassis dynamometers, and in vehicles over the road.
- Plan, generate, and validate feature calibrations in hot climate, cold climate, and high altitude; in accordance with powertrain system functional objectives. Expected travel 4 - 6 weeks throughout the year
- Analyze test data in order to concisely report results, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Provide technical expertise on improvements, and development of new algorithms.
- Provide technical direction to support personnel, by performing root cause analysis and error correction of system level problems relating to calibration, controls, hardware, software, and architecture.
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally as required
- This position would require a valid US driver's license
Bachelor of Science in Engineering
1 or more years of Engineering experience (experience can include internships or co-ops).
3 or more years of experience with internal combustion engine calibration and/or vehicle emission testing (experience can include academic course work).
3 or more years of experience in a customer facing or customer interaction role.
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
Basic knowledge and understanding of electrical hardware and software systems.
Hands-on experience understanding and working with complex control functions.
Excellent system level problem solving and analytical skills.
Excellent data analysis and presentation skills.
Effective customer communication and interpersonal skills.
Proven ability to work independently, foster teamwork, and drive resolution of issues even when lead responsibility might not be clear.
Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Knowledge of MS office programs, email clients and databases.
Adaptability to work in a truly international company.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)