Software Engineer Virtual Reality, Engineering Center Cluj
- Strada Someșului, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch S.R.L.
Bosch Engineering Center Cluj was founded as an integral part of the Bosch worldwide engineering network in 2013. The Center is located partly in the heart of Cluj-Napoca and partly in Jucu. Our engineers give great importance to continuous innovation and they work on state-of-the-art technology projects. Automated Driving, Electric and Connected Mobility, Internet of Things, Industry 4.0. are just a few examples from the Bosch Engineering Center Cluj’s current portfolio. We work in close collaboration with other Bosch R&D Centers and with Bosch Plant Cluj. We specialize in software engineering, hardware and mechanical engineering, reliability engineering & quality validation, but also in mobility sales planning, thus, we offer our internal and external clients a complex range of products and services.
- As a Software Engineer you will work in an international team and you will be responsible for the design, development and testing of interactive virtual environments which simulate real world product functionalities
- As part of the Project House for Digital Transformation, you will create 3D models and VR animations for a large variety of products and scenarios with the purpose of making their purpose and functionalities understandable and offering visual support for showcasting complex systems and situations
- You will develop VR animations for various devices and based on the business need extend our solutions from virtual to augmented reality
- You will collaborate with domain specific specialists and customers from various fields of activities
- Through the participation to conferences and trainings, you will open new technological horizons to our team
- 3D Modelling: Good knowledge on working with one 3D modeling tool (Max/ Maya/ Blender, CAD modelling experience)
- Shading: linear algebra and physically based rendering concepts; experience with a shading language (glsl, cg or hlsl, node-based shader development)
- Programming: Good OOP programming concepts; C++, OpenGL, Direct3D API
- Unreal Engine / Unity: Any previous knowledge with a game engine/game company is a big plus. Good knowledge of hard body collision simulation is nice to have
- Animation: nice to have: experience with a sequencer for creating animations of rigged/unrigged models
- Passion for computer graphics and desire to work with the latest 3D technologies and tools on projects that give a lot of development freedom but also responsibility
- Problem understanding, solution seeking, test-driven development.
- A good level of English; German can be an advantage;
- 25 days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
- Flexible working hours, but if you want to work 5 days per month from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
- Lunch discounts and daily subsidies at our canteen/restaurant;
- Private medical insurance, because your health is a priority to us;
- Flexible benefits - On top of your salary, we offer you a monthly budget via your benefit account, which can be used for several different services;
- Annual performance bonus;
- Internal development Trainings - we have local development programs for Project Managers, Line Managers and Experts;
- Inspiring working conditions.