Senior Backend Developer / SW Architect (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Aveiro belongs to the Thermotechnology division and manages the global business unit of residential water. About 1,300 associates are responsible for the development, production and marketing of innovative solutions that make homes smarter, more efficient and environment friendly. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leader in the water heaters market in Europe.
Your contribution to something big:
- Work in an international team responsible for a modern IoT solution in the area of heating and decentralized energy supply, improving service quality and energy efficiency;
- Define the backend architecture based on the requirements defined by the Product Owner;
- Specify interfaces to other web applications and clients;
- Implement business logic components as well as persistence and REST APIs;
- Support the cloud backend operation and administration;
- Introduce new technologies like micro services, big data and analytics solutions;
- Design for reliability, security, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
What distinguishes you:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar subject;
- 3+ years of experience in similar functions;
- Experience in backend software architecture, design, and development (OOD, UML);
- Proficiency in Java, Spring, Hibernate ORM, REST;
- Preferable competencies in Web IT security, Cassandra, NGINX, Jetty;
- Good communication skills; fluent in English;
- Team player for efficient collaborative working style;
- Pro-active, dynamic and responsible attitude.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | parking space
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!