Software Project Subcontractor
- Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Penang) Sdn Bhd
Bosch Car Multimedia is a business division within the Mobility Solutions business sector of the Bosch Group. The division develops smart integration solutions for entertainment, navigation, telematics and driver assistance functions used in original equipment businesses. The needs of the driver are always at the focus of all research and development activities to create technologies that enhance safety and driving convenience and at the same time reduce energy consumption. The Bosch Car Multimedia plant in Penang, Robert Bosch (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, is one of the eight pioneering companies which started operation in the Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone back in 1972. This plant develops and manufactures navigation and infotainment systems, integrated head units, car radios as well as Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) products.
CM-CI1/ENG-Pg is the research and development department for Robert Bosch Car Multimedia in Penang and serves as a center for global engineering services integrated into the CM development network. CM-CI1/ENG-Pg is divided into five sections: CM-CI1/ESS-Pg: Engineering Software and System Test, CM-CI1/EPM-Pg: Project Management, CM-CI1/EPX-Pg: Project management and engineering support for small control units (xCU), CM-CI1/EHM-Pg: Engineering Hardware and Mechanics, and CM-CI1/EPS-Pg: Product data management, resource management and central services.
CM-CI1/ENG-Pg provides engineering services in Mechanical-, HW- and SW - engineering as well as system test and project management to CM-CI1. PS-SD is supported by CM-CI1/ENG-Pg in terms of plant project management & engineering support for small control units. PgP1 receives manufacturing related engineering support from CM-CI1/ENG-Pg. In all domains CM-CI1/ENG-Pg is responsible for cost driven platform architecture and development.
CM-CI1/ESS-Pg 1 and 2 are the embedded software development team within CM-CI1/ENG-Pg. We are responsible to execute complete embedded software development lifecycle. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software system.
- Work with the project managers to drive SW development schedule.
- Perform proper requirement management covering requirement elicitation and definition.
- Ensure all aspects of supplier SW design and development including schedule adherence, requirement fulfillment and performance/quality of the delivered product.
- Establish agreement on joint processes and joint interfaces and responsibilities.
- Tracks, monitors and controls the SW Subcontractor development progress.
- Project status is captured continuously, monitor project schedule and create status report, if necessary decide on actions in case of deviations.
- Establish and maintain communications between customer and supplier for all agreed information, processes and interfaces.
- Pro-actively identifies delays and escalates to all stakeholders.
- In charge of SW Change Management, develops workable implementation plans.
- Main interface to customers on issues, change requests and SW delivery.
- Represent SW team in cross-functional department’s discussion for project related topics. E.g.: discussion with production on the SW delivery and test system update.
- Resolve software engineering and process problems by taking corrective measures taking into account economic goals / objectives.
- Adhere to Bosch Software Engineering Process and ASPICE automotive standard.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering / Science
- Expert in embedded system development methodologies
- Experience in Agile Scrum experience is a plus
- Hands-on industry experience developing embedded applications and software engineering planning
- Able to delegate, monitor and follow up assignments/projects/jobs towards achievement of goals
- Team player, ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Good oral / written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to details and showing initiative
- Results and deadline driven, customer and service orientation
- Flexible working hours
- Leave Entitlement eg: Annual Leave, Medical Leave and etc