- 1613 Progress Dr, Albion, IN 46701, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Welcome to the Electrical Drives Division of Robert Bosch, LLC! With some 16,500 associates and more than 20 locations around the world we have for more than 50 years been providing solutions for the electrical actuation of a wide variety of automotive applications.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
With its progressive and entrepreneurial leadership, and collaborative culture, this division is experiencing dynamic growth and benchmark performance!
Duties listed below provide major key points, but may have additional related duties assigned.
· Responsible for component planning for responsible commodities and Supplier contact. Addressing logistics issues such as: Material shortages, Supplier delivery performance, Returnable packaging requirements, Ship frequency, Delivery lot size, EDI ability, etc.
- Monitor and maintain supplier delivery and quality performance activities for responsible commodities, including debits and premium freight
- Identify, Develop and Lead Cost-Savings and Supply Chain Process Improvements for responsible commodities
- Track and suggest improvements for responsible commodities and related LOP KPI’s.
- Ensure materials that are required for manufacturing operations are received and available when needed in production.
- Manage and monitor desired material component parameters to optimize inventory levels.
- Coordinate with Material Planning and Purchasing to assist in defining and developing Supply Sourcing Strategies
- Manage responsible components affected by the Engineering Change Process
- Excess / Obsolete / Block Stock material analysis, management and disposition
- Check material shortages, Schedule and track expedited shipments (I-STAR)
- Process RMA’s with Supplier
- Possess a working knowledge of the customer service and production planning processes
- Assist in inventory reconciliation
- Performs other duties as required
- 2 years material planning experience preferably, in an automotive manufacturing environment
- PC literate with working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Knowledge of ERP computer support systems for planning production, critical resource allocations and shipments
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems is key
- Willingness to “take ownership” and be held accountable for assigned area
- Experience with SAP planning processes
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing processes and techniques
- Automotive background – Tier 1 supplier, Repetitive Manufacturing, TS16949, Supplier PPAP requirements
- Associates Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ongoing educational enrichment in a related field
- APICS certification
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, and Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)