Backend Software Developer - V2X
- 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2, Canada
- Legal Entity: ETAS Embedded Systems Canada Inc.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
ESCRYPT Waterloo is at the forefront of the exciting new ADAS technologies. You will work alongside talented experts in the industry and you will be constantly challenged to push yourself and improve your skills. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
You will be joining the CycurV2X-SCMS team that is developing a Secure Credential Management System (SCMS) solution that will be used across the globe to service millions of vehicles. The agile team is highly efficient, collaborative, and takes pride in the product they develop. If you want to join a team that is open, innovative, and at the forefront of technology, then this is the team for you.
As an experienced backend developer on the team you will use your knowledge and expertise to develop an enterprise grade solution. Your primary focus will be software development but also ensuring that the correct decisions and designs are being used to ensure quality and reliability in the full product. You will be joining the development scrum team and participating in the full development process.
- You are focused on putting the customer first
- Your ability to evaluate what works best and what doesn’t; having the confidence and ability in making the correct decisions
- You have a quality-centric approach and are not satisfied with solutions that ‘just work”, but strive to create the best solution possible
- Continuous communication and highly developed teamwork skills are a must
We are looking for passionate and smart individuals who are looking to learn and apply their skills in a challenging and innovative field. We do not expect you to have all of the skills listed, but have the aptitude and drive to grow and learn.
- Strong software development fundamentals
- Experience with .NET with C#
- Understanding of server design patterns and best practices (Microservices, MVC, MVVM)
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful API’s
- Proficiency with deployments in both cloud environments and customer sites
- Writing Unit testing, Integration testing, System and Product testing
- Experience with Load & Performance testing
- SQL and database design
Experience in the following are plus:
- Docker with Kubernetes
- REACT or other front-end technologies
- JIRA, Confluence
- Microsoft AZURE or Amazon AWS
- jFrog Artifactory
Why do people work at ESCRYPT Waterloo?
“I have a lot of creative work and flexibility, and I have a variety in the type of work I do. My hours are mine to distribute as I see the need and based on how I can help the team. I have the ability to work with a variety of teams. We use processes that allow us to innovate quickly.”
- David G.
“I enjoy working at ESCRYPT because of the collaborative atmosphere where teams collectively solve challenging problems. I appreciate how the work we put in delivers a smarter, safer future. Most of all, I love how the people here are not only intelligent and fun, but also personable, and honest.”
- Joyce Y.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Robert Bosch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.