Power Supply Sr. System Engineer/Technical Project Leader
- 15000 Haggerty Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Join a growing team preparing the future for the latest technical advances Bosch offers. Vertical integration from ASICs developed and produced in house, to close networking with other teams developing Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) sensors and systems, and the cross-disciplined team that pulls it all together into market leading products. Bring your talents and passion... take them to the next level as we grow together.
- Work with mobility OEMs in NA on requirements to ensure robust Power Supply solutions
- Lead System Design and Hardware Concepts
- Analyze Customer specifications and discuss alternatives to meet customer intent
- Create Block Diagrams for overall System understanding
- Support hardware and software engineers to ensure module requirements are understood
- Support hardware and software engineers in developing test boxes
- Perform Worst Case Analysis, as needed
- Perform Bench Level Electrical Analysis, as needed
- Work with Bosch test department to define specifications on DV/PV Testers
- Assist Management with product overview slides, support customer meetings and acquisition
- Define the right technologies to deploy for new products that protect ADAS power supply
- Work to ensure Bosch product team has an understanding of the product and future plans
- Ability to mentor engineers and technicians of all levels
- Ability to lead areas on own and also mentor other team members towards robust solutions
- Ability to assess risk areas and develop plans to mitigate the risks upfront
- Lead a development team including software developers, application / calibration engineers and sub-system / component project managers to develop project specific solutions. Technical lead of hardware engineering and manufacturing plant, where applicable.
- Plan and maintain project budget and schedule.
- First point of contact as technical customer interface and engineering lead for customer projects.
- Lead system development, validation, and delivery according to guidelines and processes (e.g. ISO26262).
- Coordinate vehicle application/calibration/tuning of sensor-based algorithms both in vehicle and lab/offline environments.
- Report project status to management in US and Germany.
- Work package definition and tracking, release planning, resource planning, quality assurance according to Bosch Automotive Electronics process landscape.
- Ensure customer requirements elicitation, management and tracking is effective, including test coverage
- Lead the root cause analysis of defects during the development phase to understand the scope and adapt the project plan accordingly.
- Organize internal and customer meetings (domestic and international trips).
- B.S.E.E. (Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering)
- 10+ years experience with design role for with SMD (Surface Mount Device)
- 5+ year experience as lead responsibility for System Design for PCB based automotive products
- Experience with GM, Ford and other customer project requirements
- Spanish and/or German Language skills
- Bachelors or Masters Degree with emphasis on Electronics
- Hardware and/or software design experience
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)