Technical Project Leader
- 15000 Haggerty Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
This position includes technical project management responsibilities of automotive electronics. The ideal candidate would be highly self-motivated and have the experience and passion to dive deep into technical issues and solutions. You will manage and work directly with a product development team including electronics hardware engineers, systems engineers, software developers, application / calibration engineers, system test engineers, and fellow project managers to develop project specific solutions for automotive electronics
The Technical Project Leader (TPL) acts as the technical counterpart to the Program Manager and is responsible for making sure the technical team understands and fulfills the customer’s requirements on time.
- This role will lead a project through DV, PV and production launch.
- Responsible for evaluating customer specifications and change requests.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain a positive customer relationship and internal development team as technical first point of contact and engineering lead for customer project(s).
- Ensure system development, validation, and delivery are according to guidelines and processes (e.g. ISO26262, ASPICE, IATF 16949).
- Monitor, track, and drive to completion the technical list of open points.
- Budget planning and reporting for project engineering, development and testing costs.
- Regular reporting of project status (technical, budgetary, etc) to management.
- Support all continuous improvement and cost reduction efforts.
- Work with the sales department in acquisition support for development efforts and technical descriptions.
- Travel to customer sites within southeast MI. Some domestic and international travel required (<20%).
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical)
- 8+ years of experience in the automotive field (OEM, tier 1 Supplier).
- 5+ years of experience to include leading technical team with automotive grade electrical / electronic products
- Previous experience with transportation OEMs as direct interface
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Hardware, Software or Systems Engineering experience.
- Hands on experience of real-time embedded micro controller and/or microprocessor based products.
- Experience in some or all of the following design elements: Cybersecurity, Automotive Ethernet, CAN, LIN, Analog and Digital Circuitry, Switch Mode Power Supplies, External Memory.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)