Manufacturing Engineer - Machining
- 3737 Red Arrow Hwy, St Joseph, MI 49085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Bosch in North America
In North America, the Bosch Group employs some 35,400 associates, and in business year 2018 generated consolidated sales of $14.5 billion.
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 410,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2018). The company generated sales of $92.7 billion in 2018. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology.
The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its roughly 460 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. Including sales and service partners, Bosch’s global manufacturing and sales network covers nearly every country in the world. The basis for the company’s future growth is its innovative strength. At nearly 130 locations across the globe, Bosch employs some 68,700 associates in research and development. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to create solutions for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with innovative products and services that are “Invented for life" and spark enthusiasm.
- Troubleshoot and provide day to day support to maintain uptime, reduce scrap & rejects, and facilitate changes.
- Facilitate and implement an equipment, material handling, and raw material lean strategy.
- Create and maintain process documents (FMEA, CP, Flow Charts, standard work, visual aids).
- Identify, evaluate, recommend and implement capital equipment, tooling, and fixtures required for new and existing products and processes.
- Provide project status reports and presentations on KPI’s
- Improve processes through waste elimination and ergonomics.
- Procure capital equipment with data backed justification.
- BS in an engineering or operations related technical degree or minimum ten (10) years’ directly related work experience.
- Three (3) years manufacturing experience in high volume atmosphere.
- Knowledge of cast iron AND aluminum machining, CNC programming and tool design.
- Strong background in lean manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Well-developed communications (both written and oral), conflict management, coaching, interpersonal and team building skills.
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Knowledge of Siemens/Fanuc controls and CNC mechanical/electrical functions.
- Solid Works or alternate computer aided design
- Possess good judgement, planning and analytical skills with the ability to introduce new and different concepts into an existing organization.
- Structured problem solving skills (Shainin, Six Sigma, DOE)
- Robotic programming and automation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled. BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)