Electric Motor Development Internship (Starting January 2020/8 months)
- 38000 Hills Tech Dr, Farmington Hills, MI 48331, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Powertrain Solutions is a provider of diversified powertrain products and solutions in our three market segments Electric Vehicles (EL), Passenger Cars (PC), and Commercial Vehicles / Off-Road (CV/OR) – from gasoline and diesel injection to electric drives with battery and fuel cell technologies.
88,000 associates in 27 countries and more than 90 locations worldwide are playing their part in the success of Powertrain Solutions.
Electrified Drive Engineering is responsible for regional development of electrified powertrain components and systems for the North American market traction applications. We handle advanced engineering as well as production development of power electronics, electric machines, and integrated e-drive systems.
This internship will involve working within our automotive electric traction motor development team. The intern will be responsible for conducting motor development design studies including benchmarking of different market motor solutions and working together with other team members to conduct design analysis of machines for new and exciting EV and HEV applications.
- Current student in a master's degree program in electrical engineering
- Matlab experience
- Understanding of fundamental principles of electric motors (3-phase AC)
- A minimum 3.0 GPA
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from January to August
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)