Application Calibration Engineer - Airbag ECU and Sensors
- 15000 Haggerty Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
As one of the largest North American automotive suppliers, Bosch develops, manufactures and supplies precision components and systems - including body electronics, chassis and powertrain products - for vehicle manufacturers worldwide. Since its foundation 1886, the company accelerates the progress of Automotive Technology with continued innovations.
In the field of passive safety Bosch puts time to the best use: With over 30 years of experience Bosch develops and manufactures advanced and reliable occupant and pedestrian protection electronics which precisely trigger passive safety systems such as airbags and seat-belt tensioners in the event of a crash or collision. We thus help vehicle manufacturers to provide better protection for both vehicle occupants and other road users.
The Application Engineer is responsible for the Airbag ECU calibration and Vehicle integration.
Duties will include:
- Get vehicle crash data from lab (measured by sensors and recorded during crash) and process them into the crash database for simulation.
- Setting/calibrate software parameters to reach an (airbag) deployment performance meeting the requirements from customer.
- Calibration will happen in a crash simulation tool, i.e. Matlab, Simulink.
- Validation of the calibration with simulation and HIL testing.
- Presenting calibration/deployment performance to customer.
- Responsibility of calibration performance for series production with safety background to meet customer and government requirements (high quality required).
- Work with the customer to determine optimal location for Airbag ECU and peripheral sensors.
- Individual will adhere to the standards and procedures for National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- To understand current tools and develop them further, the individual shall have a basic understanding of Matlab and Excel macros.
- During the task of calibration, the individual will act as the technical interface to the customer and internal project team for calibration, which requires evaluation and negotiation of customer requirements. The individual will attend customer and internal meetings and provide customer support on a regular basis.
- In this role, project management duties are required including creating and maintaining timing plans to support project deliverables and completing project specific documentation according to specific global processes/methods.
- In this role, the individual needs to work in an international network, where several persons performing different tasks. International travel could happen from time to time.
- As this work is within a safety environment, high quality of work products, which is supported by international exchange and global processes/methods.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or physics
- 1+ years of engineering experience from school or work
- Technical experience in automotive electronic systems
- Structured thinking with high demand for quality
- Team oriented working style
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as negotiation skills
- Experience with data handling, signal processing and/or SW development/calibration
- Experience with Matlab, C programming and Excel macros
- Experience in working with OEM customers.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)