Quality Engineer - Intern
- 1613 Progress Dr, Albion, IN 46701, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Electrical Drives Division of Robert Bosch LLC – ED/TS-NA Albion is a leading automotive supplier and manufacturer of cooling fans, coolant valves and high precision molded components.
Our products and services fulfill the highest demands of our customers concerning quality, function, cost, dynamic, safety and comfort.
Our innovative strength is based on continuously increasing technological competence in mechanics, electrics and electronics as well as global presence and market orientation.
Customer satisfaction is key to our Success. We are committed to producing perfect Quality, to being pro-active in meeting our Customers' requests, and to being a good partner in developing new solutions that meet and exceed our Customers' expectations.
The foundation for the ED NA business is our Associates. Our Associates are engaged, motivated, and they take ownership for the success of our business in North America.
· Albion Plant Vision: Secure Bosch future by providing a distinct competitive advantage regarding quality, profitability, technology and overall customer satisfaction through scalable lean processes and molding competencies.
The Quality Engineer - Intern will be responsible for day-to-day support of various aspects of the Quality Management and Methods (QMM), including: monitoring and providing status update on dimensional layouts and capability studies, monitoring and reviewing evidence to support the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), support in disposition of Quality Discrepancy Reports (QDRs), support on-going molding & tooling concessions, and track molding and tooling problem solving Open Point’s List.
In addition, the Quality Engineer - Intern will actively participate in design reviews and have the opportunity to apply textbook knowledge as well as to learn new problem solving techniques to solve quality problems that arise within the product life cycle. This is a unique opportunity for the ideal candidate to be part of a dynamic team, helping to ensure key quality principles-innovation, responsibility, customer delight, cooperation and consistency are met within the specified program timing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in weekly meetings that will address design changes based on dimensional layout and capability review
- Assist in developing standard work instructions and process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Review evidence and data needed for Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Evaluate molding and tooling requests for design deviations through concessions
- Support molding and tooling problem solving open point activities
- Support in temporary work instruction (TWI) for molding and tooling
- Support of process change requests (PCRs) relating to service parts and molding components
- Validating molding press and tooling qualification and provide status update to the program team
- Risk assessment in form of concession, ensure risks identified, managed and documented
- Support design change implementation through engineering change requests (ECR)
- Participate in internal audit activities, external audit activities, and key quality initiatives.
- Perform quality assurance and other duties as needed
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Graduate degree program, with specialization in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of supporting cross-functional project goals with a quality focus
- Ability to work effectively in a positive, fast-paced, team environment
- By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
- BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, and Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)