Thesis in Natural Language Processing and Semantic Reasoning
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
- Your contribution to something big: Today, a lot of knowledge is hidden in large amounts of unstructured data available in various forms (e.g., scientific publications, Web content, corporate documents ...). Thus, text mining and natural language processing approaches are required to extract valuable information from textual resources, to manage extracted information in a meaningful way, and to build new knowledge by reasoning over extracted information. In this context, various machine learning methods including deep learning approaches can be beneficial in combination with linguistic and domain-specific knowledge.
- Create something new: You are excited about both language / linguistics and machine learning. You develop and implement novel algorithms for information retrieval, in particular for NLP and text mining solutions. You contribute towards creating new data sets that help to provide insights.
- Help shape the future: You take part at technical discussions and develop new ideas within the research team and with domain experts from various fields within Bosch Corporate Research.
- Take responsibility: You work independently, addressing a well-defined research question, collecting and analysing textual data, designing, training and evaluating computational models of how text expresses various information.
- Education: Studies in the field of computer science/computational linguistics, or linguistics studies with a focus on corpus linguistics using programming tools (for linguistic annotation / data collection tasks), with excellent grades
- Character and Working Practice: Independent, team-minded, self-motivated, intercultural competence and cross-domain proficiency
- Experience: Experience with machine learning and respective state-of-the-art open source toolkits
- Knowledge: Natural language processing (e.g., syntactic and semantic preprocessing, named entity extraction and disambiguation, relation extraction, discourse processing) and information retrieval as well as proven programming skills, e.g., Python/Java/C++
- Qualification: Good communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm: Excited about both language / linguistics and machine learning
- Languages: Strong German or English skills, academic writing skills
Start: according to prior agreement
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Requirement for this thesis is the enrollment at university. Please attach a motivation letter, your CV, transcript of records, examination regulations and if indicated a valid work and residence permit.
Need further information about the job?
Heike Adel (Business Department)
+49 711 811 19230
Annemarie Friedrich (Business Department)
+49 711 811 49626