Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
- N Hwy 81, Anderson, SC 29621, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch!
- Project Management for extensive manufacturing projects including procurement or relocation of manufacturing equipment
- Face to the customer: Contact partner for internal/external customer in subjects related to the running project
- Definition and Development of production concepts
- Execution of Process Analysis and evaluation of the implementation options
- Participate in or lead projects and workshops for DFMA and PFMEA, Value Stream Mapping, Flow Oriented Layout, Lean Line Design, 5S, Standardized Work, Quick changeover, Pull/Leveling, etc.
- Develop new manufacturing (i.e. productivity increase) and provide the correct manufacturing documentation (i.e. Control Plans, PQI´s, Changeover procedures, etc.) for the implemented changes
- High motivation to learn and develop him / herself professionally (trainings from project management to lean provided, some with exams to be passed)
- Ideal career development step (work over all divisions from automotive to household goods, work in international and interdisciplinary teams, gain huge network, grow your portfolio in tools and solutions)
- Develop and roll out Lean (BPS-Bosch production system)-related training packages as needed.
- Continuously improve training packages, coordinate facilities and attendees.
- In addition: knowledge of sensor technology to connect manufacturing ecosystems with real-time data from interconnected machines and devices, MES (Manufacturing execution system), RFID technology, network knowledge (IP addresses,..)
- Utilizes the Internet of Things to capture, analyze, and store data on every stage of production, from design, production through customer delivery, data security, cloud computing.
- B.S. 4-year technical degree (i.e.: mechanical, electrical, industrial engineering);
- 2+ years shop floor experience in Lean manufacturing operations (preferably Bosch Production System);
- 3+ years of experience in Machinery/Equipment/Tooling definition and procurement (including structured acceptance);
- Deep knowledge in several Manufacturing Processes and Assembly operations;
- Project Management Knowledge and experience is required as each project is unique;
- Working Knowledge of BPS (Bosch Production System) or similar lean manufacturing mindset (TPS – Toyota Production System)
- Experience in OEE and OEE optimization projects focusing on quality, technical and organization losses.
- Knowledge in the area of MTM, Machining, Lean-manufacturing and Lean-Logistics is preferable;
- Problem Solving experience or basic knowledge required (5-Why, Shannon, Fish Bone, Etc.)
- Active listener with strong interpersonal skills capable of promoting fruitful relationship and empathy with customers;
- Target oriented with high persuasiveness, good communication skills, creativity and responsibility;
- Ability to work well in teams as well as to work/act independently;
- Analytical and structured working style;
- Professional customer communication skills
- Motivated to lead others in a project
- Ability to travel is required and is dependent on the location of projects C/TES-NA supports. The majority of travel will be domestic and take place during the workweek with occasional international travel opportunities. (As work life balance is important for us: high flexibility in self-management regarding timing, own travel planning, home office as long as the customer agrees and involvement in the project acquisition phase is logical)
- Position can be located either in Anderson, SC or Charleston, SC
- Very good English skills (written and spoken). Knowledge of Spanish and German are preferred.
****Must be currently eligible to work in the United States without Visa sponsorship.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled. BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)