Big Data Architect (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers that create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes, cities and vehicles more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
The AA division with more than 18,000 associates in 150 countries has a global logistics network that ensures that 650,000 different aftermarket products and solutions reach customers quickly and on time.
The Data Mining Group of AA is responsible to collect multiple data from inside and outside of the organization, different data sources and combine them in a Data Lake to create new business values. Modern technologies like Big Data infrastructure based on Hadoop and Agile methods are enablers for best in class analytics application and to support our global logistic network with analytics and prediction.
Your contribution to something big
- Define the architecture of a Data Lake based on requirements from different knowledge domains (e.g. Logistics, Sales, customer feedback);
- Develop guidelines and processes to ensure high data quality and integrity;
- Integrate data from multiple sources and domains in our Big Data platform;
- Ensure effective integration and data cleansing to deliver a high quality Data Lake for our data scientists and projects;
- Develop, implement and monitor ETL processes for services on a productive level;
- Identify, deploy and maintain new technologies around our Big Data platform.
What distinguishes you
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related subjects;
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data technologies - Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop, Spark, HBase);
- Experience in modelling and designing relational databases (e.g. Data Vault);
- Be familiar with ETL and batch processes as a productive service;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to work in an international team environment and willingness to travel;
- Team player for efficient collaborative Agile working style like Scrum;
- Pro-active, dynamic and responsible attitude.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!