Data Scientist (M/F)
- EN 16 - km 3.7 - Cacia, Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Termotecnologia
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers that create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch is on the way to becoming one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of the Internet of Things (IoT). In the Research and Development Center in Aveiro, more than 200 engineers contribute to making homes, cities and vehicles more intelligent and efficient by developing solutions for Bosch business units and divisions around the globe. From hardware to software, we have all kinds of opportunities waiting for you.
The AA division with more than 18,000 associates in 150 countries has a global logistics network that ensures that 650,000 different aftermarket products and solutions reach customers quickly and on time.
The Data Mining Group of AA is responsible to collect multiple data from inside and outside of the organization, different data sources and combine them in a Data Lake to create new business values. Modern technologies like Big Data infrastructure based on Hadoop and Agile methods are enablers for best in class analytics application and to support our global logistic network with analytics and prediction.
Your contribution to something big
- Develop and implement new algorithms in the field of analytics and forecast with logistic data;
- Find new data sources and combine them with existing data to create new business values;
- Connect and integrate your algorithm in our Data Lake and use distributed computing like Apache Spark;
- Develop logistic forecast solutions and integrate in existing demand planning system;
- Deploy and maintain analytical solutions as productive services on our platform;
- Identify new methods in the field of artificial intelligence and investigate the impact on our business.
What distinguishes you
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related subjects;
- Professional in data analytic methods like regression, clustering or classification in the field of logistics (e.g. Neural Network, Time Series Analytics,…);
- Professional in programming larger python projects ideally in combination with Apache Spark;
- Familiar with relational databases and SQL;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to work in an international team environment and willingness to travel;
- Team player for efficient collaborative Agile working style like Scrum;
- Pro-active, dynamic and responsible attitude.
What we offer you
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | free parking | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!