Data Engineering Intern
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence provides services in AI technologies to Bosch’s business units and plants. Artificial intelligence technologies are impacting Bosch’s products and services in many domains: manufacturing, predictive maintenance, vehicle diagnostics, supply chain, large-scale simulations, etc.
Our team is responsible for streaming terabytes of data from plants across the globe to centralized analytics platforms and building data-based services for a wide variety of Bosch engineering and research teams.
We are looking for a talented intern who is passionate about building fault-tolerant data services and analytics tools. Your work will be used by hundreds of Bosch engineers and have global impact by improving the quality and value of Bosch products.
- Extend existing fault-tolerant data pipelines to integrate large amounts of data from many diverse storage systems.
- Support complex data engineering projects that have a significant impact on Bosch global business.
- Take responsibility for preparing data for analysis and provide critical feedback on issues of data integrity.
- Currently pursing or recently graduated BS/MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Good understanding of computer science fundamental, such as algorithms and data structures.
- Strong programming skills in one of the following programming languages including Java, Scala, Python or C++.
- Passionate about distributed system and big data technologies.
- Profound communication skills in English.
- Experience with Apache Spark and Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience programming in Scala.
- General understanding of machine learning / deep learning methods.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)