Quality Engineering Team Leader
- 4421 N Hwy 81, Anderson, SC 29621, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch!
The quality engineering team leader manages the quality aspects of electronic control unit production in the Anderson plant. This includes part and process quality, risk assessment and part disposition, APQP activities, and internal change management for transmission and steering ECU’s.
The quality engineering team leader is responsible for:
- Managing quality functions for new product launches within the TCU product group.
- Managing the quality engineering resources supporting ECU production in the Anderson plant and providing direction to quality department associates.
- Customer quality support for TCU production including management of 0-mile, plant to plant, and field claims (containment activities, 8D’s, etc.) and customer change management.
- Leading and/or supporting internal projects related to quality and manufacturing KPI’s (scrap reduction, throughput improvement, etc.) affecting TCU products.
- Interfacing with other Bosch sites for product and process Yokoten and standards for production and quality topics. Report plant to plant and other TCU quality metrics for Anderson on a regular basis.
- Performing data analysis to identify proactive improvement opportunities and working within the organization to support proactive improvement activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a quality role with direct customer involvement.
- Experience with APQP, PFMEA / Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated skills / certification in systematic problem solving methodologies (Shainin, Six Sigma, Kepner-Trego, etc.)
- Responsible and independent self-starter who is customer and relationship focused, yet analytical and persuasive
- Ability to lead and/or work within cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with SAP systems.
- Flexibility for travel to Bosch and customer sites in North America and Internationally as needed (typically 2-3 times per year).
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled. BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)