Machine Vision Specialist
- 90 Boroline Rd, Allendale, NJ 07401, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Packaging Technology Inc.
Robert Bosch Packaging Technology, Inc. distributes and services pharmaceutical production equipment and systems that are highly regarded by pharmaceutical manufacturers the world over for their superb quality, safety, efficiency and accuracy.
Conveniently located in Allendale, NJ, Robert Bosch Packaging Technology Inspection Technology Pharma (I2P division) is a leading manufacturer of inspection and packaging machinery for the pharmaceutical industry.
SUMMARY: The Machine Vision Specialist’s primary responsibility is creating, completing or optimizing vision system recipes for the inspection of pharmaceutical injectable medicines. In addition, perform installation, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, modification, and particle sensor parameter setup. Support of other types of pharmaceutical packaging and inspection equipment within the I2P division may also be required.
- Support Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) with customers at Bosch facilities in Japan, Germany or Denmark
- Perform machine installation and support customers with Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Guide customers to provide proper samples in order to develop machine vision recipes and achieve defect detection targets with minimal false rejection of accepts.
- Train customer staff on the operation and maintenance of inspection, packaging and assembly machine
- Perform customer on-site preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of machine issue, both mechanical and electrical in nature
- Maintain regular communication with customers to ensure proper function and satisfaction of machines
- Teach vision training classes, both at office and at customer site
- Perform PC repairs and upgrades, both at office and at customer site
- Perform troubleshooting phone support on machine operational issues
- Generate service visit summaries and technical reports
- Will lift items up to 30 pounds, maneuver equipment for placement and bend down and work within lower areas of machine
- Will work overtime and have occasional weekend work/travel
- Will travel up to 75% overnight, primarily in North America with occasional international travel which requires a valid Driver’s License and Passport or ability to acquire a passport
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
- Must have a minimum of 1+ years of application experience using Vision Systems, Halcon or Cognex
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce -EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled