Research Scientist - Machine Learning for Robotics
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
At the Bosch Center for AI (BCAI), we are building a new group for machine learning for robot manipulation. The group will be located at the University of Tübingen and led by Prof. Gerhard Neumann. The BCAI is a leading lab in machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) which regularly publishes at top venues such as NIPS and ICML. Our aspiration for the new group is to become one of the leading robotics groups in world. We aim to make robot manipulation useable in the real world, such as cluttered unknown environments consisting of unknown, possibly deformable objects where fine and forceful manipulations need to be applied to the scene such as object assembly. Our research will be focused on the development of new learning algorithms that are useable in these scenarios.
- Create something new: You research and develop novel machine learning algorithms for robot manipulation focus on reinforcement learning, learning from demonstration and robot vision.
- Help shape the future: Moreover, you develop AI algorithms for manipulation of unstructured scenes, forceful interactions and manufacturing applications.
- Take responsibility: You supervise PhD and Master students.
- Integrated implementation: Other key tasks and responsibilities include transferring and integrating state-of-the-art research results into Bosch applications, technical discussions, and creating new ideas within the existing robot manipulation team, as well as innovative research and publications at top machine learning and robotics conferences and journals.
- Education: excellent degree (PhD) in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, math or related fields with excellent marks.
- Personality: highly motivated to work on these challenging topics and develop a personal research agenda.
- Working Practice: team-oriented, open-minded and inquisitive
- Experience and Knowledge: excellent skills in Python, ROS, C++ or Matlab and excellent math skills, knowledge in the areas of machine learning and robotics is preferential
- Qualifications: evidence of an impactful research portfolio and published papers at top venues
- Languages: very good in English (written and spoken)
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates, link to GitHub Respository or code sample).
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Gerhard Neumann (Functional Department)
+49 173 635 1730