Senior Software Test Engineer (M/F)
- Ovar, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
As a leader in the Internet of Things, Bosch offers innovative solutions for smart homes and cities and connected industry and mobility. 130 years after Robert Bosch founded Bosch with the first low-voltage magnet, 390,000 employees around the world have helped create trends in innovation and connectivity. Bosch is represented in Portugal by three divisions of the Group. Our industrial units are located in Aveiro, Braga and Ovar. From these locations we develop and produce "Invented for life" technology with a purpose: to improve life quality of people through innovative and sparkly products.
In Lisbon is located our headquarters where a specialized team works in the areas of sales, commercial and marketing and shared services of Human Resources for all Europe.
Bosch Security Systems - Sistemas de Segurança, S.A., is focused on developing devices that will shape the smart cities of the future.
As a world leader in technology, services and innovation, Bosch in Ovar is focused on producing innovative solutions for security and communication systems, fire alarms and electronic displays. With around 600 employees, this Bosch unit offers initial and continuing training and opportunities for professional development.
As a senior software test engineer you will be part of the Indego robotic mower purpose team.
You will be responsible for:
- Analysing software requirements
- Creating and reviewing test cases, ensuring traceability back to the requirements
- Assist in creating and reviewing test plans
- Executing test procedures and creating detailed test reports
- Creating detailed defect reports and working with the software development team until resolution
- Assist in defining regression test suites
- Identifying problematic/high complexity areas that require additional testing
- Ensuring testing is completed to defined deadlines
- Identify areas for improvement within software and product quality
- Focus on and improve the product user experience
- Championing quality within the team
- Supporting the mechanical and electronic test teams when required
- Mentoring junior test team members
- University degree in computer science, or related subject
- 5+ years experience in software testing
- Familiarity with the full SW development lifecycle
- Understanding of SW quality assurance methods and techniques
- A solid understanding and good experience of working with the Agile methodology
- Knowledge and experience of how to implement the appropriate safety standards on a project.
- Be proactive and able to manage own workload with a view to continuous improvement with the purpose and test team
- Experience working with defect management and ALM tools, such as CodeBeamer or Jira
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail, and problem solving skills
Besides being able to contribute to improve the quality of life of many people, you will have the opportunity to meet and work with people of different nationalities.
Here, you will be able to challenge yourself every day, and be sure that your teammates are in the same run as you.