Software Developer – Big Data, R&D Cluj
- Strada Someșului, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch S.R.L.
Welcome to a place where your ideas lead to something big. Welcome to Bosch. Whether in the area of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with Bosch, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. At Bosch, we develop, examine and enhance new systems, components and technologies. Our aim is simple – improving life.
Big Data and Data Mining are the future topics in the digital transformation of industry and mobility with high relevance for us since the physical world is connected with the virtual world of information technology. Be part of our Digital Transformation team in Cluj and create with us the innovative solutions that will turn data into assets.
Your contribution to something big
As Software Developer you will work in an international team where you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of deployable solutions in a Big Data environment for integrating and processing large data streams in (near-) real-time together with our data scientists.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of high quality software according to our development languages and frameworks like Scala, Apache Spark, Python, SQL and JAVA.
You will be responsible to design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the application.
Together with your data scientist colleagues you will assure the data quality through the necessary checks and transformations.
Through the participation to conferences and trainings, you will open new technological horizons to our team.
You will apply new approaches as a direct result of your own initiative that results in a better solution, increased quality and/or greater efficiency. Be creative and pro-active!
What distinguishes you
University degree in Computer Science, Automation, Electronics and Telecommunications, Informatics or comparable.
- Knowledge of object oriented programming and functional programming principles.
- Experienced in software development and design, being able to write smart, efficient, scalable and clean code.
- Experience of continuous Integration and Delivery tools like GitLab and Jenkins.
- Experience of code quality tools like SonarQube or similar.
- Knowledge of testing principles (Test-Driven-Development) and experience with testing tools like JUnit or similar.
- Previous experience with Linux shell scripting, SQL, Python, Scala, Spark or Java.
- Independent and self-responsible way of working, with a strong focus on quality.
- Advanced English (German and other language skills are an advantage.)
- Willingness to travel and to work in an international team.
Highly desired skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of the design and architecture of big data applications and first experience with Hadoop ecosystems.
- Job experience in the area of big data.
- Project experience in the development and operation of complex data architectures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cloud communication protocols and web services
- 25 vacation days from the start
- Performance-based bonus system
- Home office possibility & flexible working time
- Flexible benefits & services (such as lunch dis counts, sport discounts, medical services etc.)
- Participation and presentations of your work at conferences and meetups.
- Individually adapted technical and soft-skill trainings.
- Bring your own ideas and contribution to the project and test new technologies.
- Recreational areas (library, games etc.)
- An innovative environment within a young team