Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr., Atlanta, GA, United States
- Legal Entity: Bosch Packaging Services Inc.
The Packaging Technology Division of the Bosch Group of companies, with its headquarters based near Stuttgart, Germany, employs around 6,200 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Bosch Packaging designs, develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries. Kliklok-Woodman is part of the Packaging Technology Division located near Atlanta, GA.
The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer is responsible for total machine designs, development projects and/or product systems from inception through design, testing, documentation and final release. Responsible for reliable machine designs that meet customers’ expectations of performance.
- Work with sales, applications, estimating, product management, and aftermarket to develop solutions that leverage current technology and apply new technology to deliver machine designs that meet the customer’s needs.
- Responsible for innovative machine design in SolidWorks (85% of time).
- Lead other engineers assigned to your projects with responsibility for the details, verification, and ownership of results.
- Maintain a team environment with a focus on standards and collaboration.
- Will travel 2 to 3 times a year domestically and/or internationally
- Defines performance specifications (machine and functional), analyzes alternatives and selects design options which assure proper performance, reliability, safety and manufacturing economy.
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget completion of all projects assigned to him/her.
- Responsible for insuring that his/her commitments to sales, service, manufacturing, parts departments and company subsidiaries are met as expected.
- Responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of engineering releases that enables the company’s manufacturing department to complete orders in an orderly and timely manner.
- Maintains a work ethic and professional demeanor that, by example, supports the successful execution of the company’s Engineering Department’s assignments.
- Insures that project documentation, e.g. project reports, drawings, and timesheets are regularly reported, correct, and complete.
- Provides design guidance and direction to designers and engineers with an emphasis on value, quality, and safety.
- Actively participates in Bosch Production Systems (BPS) Quality Assessments (QB) reviews.
- Carries out additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must possess a minimum of a BS degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Must have at least 5+ years of machine design experience
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience using solid modeling CAD software
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience with robotics or automation
- BSME degree preferred
- Experience with Solidworks is preferred
- Experience designing high speed, paperboard and flexible film packaging machinery
- Electromechanical machine design experience using applied servo motion control
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Sanitary design experience
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Good communication skills
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer.