Senior SW/Firmware Development Engineer - Comercial Sound Systems (M/F)
- EN109, Zona Industrial de Ovar, Lugar da Pardala, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Ovar belongs to the Building Technologies division and is focused on bringing solutions to the market that are shaping the smart cities of the future. The company develops and produces innovative solutions for security and communication systems, fire alarms and electronic displays. With about 700 employees, its success lies in the highly specialized and innovative team and technological know-how.
Bosch Communications is looking for software developers to develop a SW based AES67/70
application in a single embedded microcontroller. Bosch Communications develops different
products and systems which all make use of audio. These are a.o. power amplifiers, powered
speakers, mixers as well as conferencing, public address, intercoms and dispatch systems. They are
sold using the Bosch, Dynacord, Electro Voice, RTS and Telex brand names. The majority of these
systems use networked audio using the Bosch OMNEO solution.
You will be working within a small focused agile SW development team. You will be expected to,
together with a system architect, breakup the task in smaller portions to gradually bring the solution
alive. This work is based upon a product requirement specification.
You will report to the OMNEO team in Breda. The System architect will coordinate your activities.
Your role within the team will involve:
- Determining appropriate state-of-the art SW solutions to meet specified requirements
- Define optimal performing algorithms to synchronize, receive and transmit audio via anetwork interface.
- Design and implementation of SW solutions
- Verifying yours and your colleagues solutions (review, unit testing, UI testing)
- Being an active team member
What distinguishes you:
• BSc in computer science, SW engineering
• Relevant experience with C++ / C, minimum 3 years
• Experience with object oriented design
• Experience with ARM Cortex processors
• Experience with
• Familiarity with SW debugging on target
• Familiarity with the full SW development lifecycle
• Familiarity with version control
• Ability to read HW-E schematics
• Understanding of SW quality assurance methods and techniques
Experience with STM32 Cortex M4/M7 including board bring-up
• Some knowledge of HW-E designs
• Experience with continues integration (Jenkins)
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!