Firmware Developer - Comercial Sound Systems (M/F)
- EN109, Zona Industrial de Ovar, Lugar da Pardala, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Ovar belongs to the Building Technologies division and is focused on bringing solutions to the market that are shaping the smart cities of the future. The company develops and produces innovative solutions for security and communication systems, fire alarms and electronic displays. With about 700 employees, its success lies in the highly specialized and innovative team and technological know-how.
The "Safe Cities" project, is a project developed in close partnership with University of Porto. It aims to respond and anticipate the challenges faced in modern urban societies, which are increasingly dependent on technological developments in the fields of sensorization, data transmission, storage and remote intelligent processing, to meet your needs for security, privacy, comfort and efficiency.
- Develop firmware for audio products on microcontrollers, usually of the ARM Cortex-M family
- Collaborate with international software teams in an agile way of working
- Take part in all stages of the software lifecycle including architecture, code, build, review, test and deployment
What distinguishes you:
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in computer science or electrical engineering
- Proven experience as a software engineer for embedded microcontrollers
- Excellent knowledge of C and/or C++
- Good understanding of software design in an embedded environment
- Understanding of electronic design/ability to read schematics
- Good English communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with embedded Linux solutions
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of design patterns in an embedded environment
- Affinity with Professional Audio
- Presentation skills
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!