Hardware Development Engineer – Power Electronics Comercial Sound Systems (M/F)
- EN109/ Zona Industrial de Ovar, Lugar da Pardala, Ovar, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other, and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life. Welcome to Bosch.
The Bosch unit in Ovar belongs to the Building Technologies division and is focused on bringing solutions to the market that are shaping the smart cities of the future. The company develops and produces innovative solutions for security and communication systems, fire alarms and electronic displays. With about 700 employees, its success lies in the highly specialized and innovative team and technological know-how.
The "Safe Cities" project, is a project developed in close partnership with University of Porto. It aims to respond and anticipate the challenges faced in modern urban societies, which are increasingly dependent on technological developments in the fields of sensorization, data transmission, storage and remote intelligent processing, to meet your needs for security, privacy, comfort and efficiency.
- Design of Power Electronics for Commercial Sound Applications
- Design of Switching Power Supplies and Switching Audio Power Amplifiers
- Collaborate with project - and engineering team to determine a complete set of requirements to meet project targets
- Provide design schematics for PCB layout
- Use tools like Matlab, Mathcad for theoretical circuit design
- Use tools like PSPICE to simulate electronic circuitsCreate component specification and hardware test specification based on required parameter, performance and cost criteria
- Direct layout and/or supervision of PCB layout design in PADS or Mentor Xpedition.
- Build prototypes, test samples and debug hardware issues
- Validate designs together with System Architect to achieve functional, quality and performance goals
- Take ownership of electrical design
- Provide design documentation and technical documentation for series production
- Take care of EMC and safety certification
- Support team and factories during industrialization phase of the product
- Provide post production support by identifying potential technical issues, evaluating options and implementing solutions
- Ready to travel within Europe for internal training and design alignment (2-4 times per year)
What distinguishes you:
- Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering / Power Electronics
- Minimum 2 years of experience in designing power electronic systems
- Electrical Hardware design experience in designing analog & digital circuits to support Power Electronics circuits
- Detailed understanding in thermal management of power electronics
- Good knowledge in magnetics design
- Excellent knowledge in design for EMC / EMI
- Very Good English communication abilities
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!