Jig & Fixture Design Apprentice
- Pilsley Rd, Clay Cross, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers.
Our current product range includes gas and oil boilers, hot water cylinders, renewable technologies such as heat pumps and solar water heating systems, as well as controls and accessories.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing over the last 50 years, has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for nine years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Our UK headquarters is based in Worcester where all the main functions of the business are located including the manufacture of wall mounted gas boilers. We have a further site in Clay Cross Derbyshire where our floor standing oil and gas boilers are manufactured.
- Learn 2D CAD drafting skills to be able to work on process flow layouts, production area construction & service requirements to create new & improved manufacturing process layouts.
- Learn 3D CAD drafting skills to be able to work on Jig, Fixture & manipulator designs for manufacturing in-house or sub-contracted. Learn error-proofing methodologies & create efficient & practical working solutions to support “Right First Time” manufacturing.
- Learn to liaise with Bosch suppliers to obtain quotations for equipment & manufactured parts as required.
- Learn to purchase parts & services through the Bosch Purchasing System.
- Be committed to the recognition & implementation of housekeeping and Health, Safety & Environmental requirements across the site.
- Contribute to an effective manufacturing support team.
- Undergo personnel development training and assist and train others in all relevant fields.
- 5-off A* -C GCSE grades including English, Mathematics, Science & Technology or Engineering subject.
- 2-off A level A* -C grades in a Mathematical based subject & a Science, Technology, Engineering or additional Mathematics related subject or 90+ credits in an Engineering BTEC.
- Competent Microsoft Office PC user.
- Some experience in 2D & 3D software applications would be an advantage.
- Some experience in practical “hands on” engineering work would be an advantage.
- Some experience of a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Display a strong work ethic, a safety mindset & personal responsibility in all aspects of the role.
- Display a logical approach to problem solving to identify & rectify the root cause & deliver robust, timely & cost effective solutions.
- Display a quality focus that pays attention to the details of all tasks & does not second-guess or make assumptions about any situation or data under evaluation.
- Be a team player & clear communicator to ensure effective team interaction & information is clear & concise when presented.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, adaptability.
Your future job location offers you:
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, childcare offers, medical services, employee discounts, various sports and health opportunities, free fruit, on-site parking, catering facilities, access to local public transport, room for creativity, urban infrastructures and rural surroundings.
When applying please consider:
Normal working hours to be worked, however flexibility is required to meet set deadlines. The factory can operate 2-3 shifts and weekends so as a consequence there will sometimes be a need for short term flexibility of working patterns.