Data Operations Engineer
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence provides services in AI technologies to Bosch’s business units and plants. Artificial intelligence technologies are impacting Bosch’s products and services in many domains: manufacturing, predictive maintenance, vehicle diagnostics, supply chain, large-scale simulations, etc. This is a technical position for someone who is skilled at bringing together disparate technologies to solve business problems.
Our team is responsible for streaming Bosch data to centralized analytics platforms and building data-based services for a wide variety of Bosch engineering and research teams.
We are looking for a talented engineer who is passionate about building fault-tolerant data services and analytics tools. Your work will be used by hundreds of Bosch engineers and have global impact by improving the quality and value of Bosch products.
- Manage, organize, and test fault-tolerant data pipelines that integrate large amounts of data from many diverse storage systems.
- Drive the release cycle of our internal data products, utilizing automation to ensure high quality code and accelerate the pace of development
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to deploy new machine learning and deep learning models into complex and mission critical production systems
- Select the right tool(s) for the job and make it work in production
- Promote a culture of self-serve data analytics by minimizing technical barriers to data access and understanding.
- Stay current with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the enterprise
- Up to 10% travel may be required
- Masters Degree
- 1+ years’ experience building automated tests for complex software systems
- Very strong Linux skills with a passion for automation
- Strong programming skills in a variety of languages (e.g. python, bash, java, scala)
- In depth understanding of relational database systems (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, MS SQLServer)
- Experience building and utilizing APIs in production environments
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.