Credit Controller (GS)
- Keys Road, Nix's Hill Industrial Estate, Alfreton, Derbyshire, gb
- Legal Entity: sia Abrafoam Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
sia Abrasives Ltd (part of the Bosch Power Tools/Accessories Division) is an innovative manufacturer of non-woven and foam abrasive products as well as a distributer in the UK of coated abrasives. The sites in Greetland, West Yorkshire and Alfreton, Derbyshire, have a wealth of experience in the manufacture and development of abrasive products, ideally complementing sia Abrasives’ systems solutions.
Reporting directly into the Finance Manager (CF Lead) this role oversees the Credit Controlling for all 3 sia UK businesses (sia Fibral Ltd, sia Abrafoam Ltd, sia Abrasives (G.B.) Ltd)
Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant
- To ensure that cash owed to the business is collected in a timely manner to reduce the risk to the business
- To ensure that this cash is correctly allocated to the customer accounts. This will involve analysing the accounts receivable, reviewing and providing advice to the financial accountant on credit limit requests and ensuring that all associates understand the importance of cash management.
- Create new customer accounts in AX.
- Review credit limit requests ensuring that risk to business is minimized.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness
- Issuing of statements to clients using established guidelines, deadlines, procedures
- Perform DNB and creditworthiness checks including contacting referees when required
- Passing on customer queries to the salesforce.
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescale
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Administer all of the dunning processes
- Administer legal processes against defaulters
- Prepare weekly reports on the credit control for CFA management for sia UK entities
- Keep up to date with new credit management techniques and practices
- Other reasonable ad hoc duties as requested from time to time by the Financial Accountant or the Head of Finance in his/her absence
- Full ownership of the company's credit control policy at the customer relationship level
- Full understanding of sales contracts
- Efficient and tidy filling of all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Self-starter, must be able to work under own direction
- IT literate, minimum requirement to be able to use Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word at ideally intermediate / advanced level .
- Team player
- Positive communicator with an enthusiastic attitude
- Able to accept "change" and work flexibly to high standards
- Work under own initiative and be self-motivating
- Customer focused (internal and external)
- Proactive response to problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Be able to work flexibly, ability to support and work with various departments and levels of management
- Reliable and punctual
- Eager to learn
- Strong organisational skills
- CICM Qualification (part or fully qualified) or qualified by relevant experience
- Proven experience of working within credit control ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to apply core Credit control skills; Credit Enforcement, Credit Risk Management, Legal Proceedings
Competitive benefits and services including pension, life assurance, 24 holidays + statutory leave, employee assistance programme, flexible working options, Perkbox, employee discounts on Bosch goods, development opportunities, close to motorway links and on-site parking