Roboticist - Distributed SLAM for Automated Driving (C++)
- Robert-Bosch-Allee 1, 74232 Abstatt, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
For years now the Chassis Systems Control Division has been a pacesetter in innovative technology and quality. The engineering campus in Abstatt is known for its pionieering technical solutions - we shape the future of Assisted and Automated Driving.
Within the business unit "Automated Driving" we are developing systems which teach the car how to drive: innovative solutions of intelligent algorithms, software, sensors, actuators and ECUs make us to one of the leading companies in the development of highly- and fully-automated driving systems.
- As roboticist you are part of an international team and will contribute ideas as well as implement specific functionalities in the domain of multi-agent and multi-sensor (Cameras, Lidar, Radar, RGBD sensors, Ultrasonic etc.) high definition (HD) mapping techniques for Automated Driving within pilot as well as series projects.
- You extensively evaluate the developed HD mapping techniques in simulation as well as real world scenarios.
- You participate in the development of different functionalities within series and pilot projects based on customer requirements.
- You work in close cooperation with teams from different departments in an international and agile environment.
- Personality: You have excellent communication skills, you are motivated to work on challenging problems and implement efficient algorithms to address those problems.
- Experience: You have several years of experience in the domain of single- or multi-robot/agent large scale mapping, e.g. generating feature, point cloud, grid, mesh or elevation maps. Moreover you have prior experience with modern software frameworks as well as version control tools. Experience with C/C++ is necessary, with Python and ROS highly recommended, with Point cloud library an OpenCV recommended and with development on Linux systems preferred.
- Know-how: You have knowledge of sensors (Lidar, Radar, Kinect, Sonars) and ideally already experience of development in the field of multi-robot and multi-sensor localization, sensor calibration, object detection and tracking.
- Languages: You are proficient in English. German language knowledge is a plus.
- Education: You have a degree (ideally M.Sc. or PhD) in the domain of Robotics, Computer Vision, Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry, Artificial Intelligence or a related field.
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
It is possible to work from home and part-time.
Please don't hesitate to ask us about it.
Need support during your application?
Katharina Seward (Human Resources)
+49 7062 911 8200
Need further information about the job?
Carsten Hasberg (Functional Department)
+49 152 229 78 178