Automotive Security Tester
- 3021 Miller Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, USA
- Legal Entity: ETAS Inc.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing security and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever-evolving threats. The autonomous car is upon us. Cars connect to everything — each other, traffic lights, smartphones, your favorite music streaming service, you name it. Ever wonder how those automotive systems and their data are protected? We do. Our technology is helping keep your data secure and out of the wrong hands. From the smallest micro-controllers to cloud-based infrastructure, we build solutions that let our customers sleep well at night. From the US Department of Transportation to car manufacturers and innovative local startups, our customers do exciting things and we want to help them reach their goals without sacrificing security.
- Independent conception, execution and documentation of penetration tests, mainly in automotive and IoT environment
- Active development of attacks, methods and state of the art tools within the security testing domain which encompasses Functional Security Testing, Vulnerability Scanning and Fuzzing
- Accompany the Security Sales Team to discuss common attack models with Customers to derive the tailored testing approach
- Support the realization of global strategic security testing topics and objectives
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience working in Automotive Engineering
- Must have 1+ years of working experience in penetration testing embedded systems including software & hardware and interfaces (TCP/IP, USB, Cellular, Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS and CAN)
- Knowledge of hardware protocols (e.g. SPI, UART and JTAG)
- Experience using IDA Pro, network analyzer, CAN Network Tools, and Metasploit
- Special knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas is highly desired:
- IT-Security and Cryptography
- Programming in C, Python, and if applicable in more programming languages (e.g. Assembler, Java)
- Electronics of automobiles and bus-systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Well-grounded hardware knowledge
- Penetration Testing of backend systems (Server, Networks)
- Enjoy working with Software and Hardware (“Tinkerer mentality”)
- Creativity and curiosity at new and diversified technologies
- Customer oriented, Ability to operate independently
- Sense of responsibility and quality consciousness
- Team spirit and communication skills
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.