Instrumentation Engineer (Fixed-Term 2 Years)
- N Orbital Rd, Denham, UK
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Success Stories don’t just happen. They are made.
- Perform integration of measurement technologies on customer vehicles with current and future CC-DA Advance Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), Radar, video cameras, Ultrasonic sensors, ECU’s, Domain controllers and Vehicle networks.
- Familiar with Vector tools: CANape, CANalayzer, CANoe
- Familiar with video recording tool ADTF
- Background in vehicle networks: Ethernet, CAN, FR.
- Strong skills in setting up PC’s for data collection.
- Commission vehicles so they are fit for endurance runs.
- Trouble shoot Endurance run cars during ongoing hours collection.
- Support resident engineers with practical testing elements
- To work within a technical environment
- Advanced specialised knowledge of vehicle systems and components
- Familiar with on-board vehicle controllers
- Ability to engage in associated areas of the business organisations within Bosch and the customer
- Experience with multi-national OEMS
- Valid passport to enable travel within EU
- Willing to travel within the UK and abroad at short notice
- Ensuring vehicles are built according to Bosch engineering requirement
- Contribute to efforts within the team for positive customer experience
- Technically and practically contribute to the continual improvement of, and keep up-to-date with, latest instrumentation methods and techniques.
- Willingness to continually learn/train in a fast paced technical environment
- BTEC/HND or equivalent in automotive engineering OR
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Good around vehicle mechanical skills with minimum 5 years’ hands on experience
- Advanced knowledge of vehicle electrical architecture: CAN, Flexray, Ethernet, Vector, ADTF, DIAGR.
- Experience flashing embedded SW ECU’s.
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately
- MS office package
- Knowledge / skills of German language is advantageous
- Valid driving license
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal. Possess the ability to present in an effective and understandable manner
- Dependable and reliable
- Good team player; work with and support other team members.
- Strategic thinker
- Customer orientated
- Good inter-personal and inter-cultural abilities
- Highly organised
- Ability to work unsupervised to task
Your future career offers you:
Competitive salary and considered pension programme, flexible working options, employee discounts, promotion of sports and well-being activities, urban infrastructures, on-site parking and access to local public transport, catering facilities, a creative and diverse working environment which breeds opportunity for personal and career development.