PhD – Generative Models for Optimal Component Design
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Machine learning and optimization methods are becoming increasingly successful to design components that meet various performance and manufacturing constraints.
Currently, at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence we are looking for a motivated PhD student to work with us on applications of generative machine learning models in the context of component design. The focus topic of this position will be research on generative models, such as generative adversarial networks and (variational) auto encoders and their use for optimization in particular.
During your PhD you will work closely with the active research team at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence. In collaboration with the Powertrain Solutions Division, you will have the opportunity to transfer your latest research results directly into applications.
- Create something new: You develop novel generative models that enable optimization of physical problems.
- Experience cooperation: This includes that you collaborate with machine learning experts within the existing reinforcement learning and optimize research team at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence.
- Networked communication: In addition, you publish in top-tier journals and conferences.
- Take responsibility: You supervise Master students.
- Structured evaluation: Furthermore, you evaluate generative models on open datasets and on multi-modal Bosch datasets from application areas such as electrical machines.
- Personality: strong team player
- Working Practice: ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience: with Deep Learning frameworks is a plus
- Qualifications: proven programming skills, preferably Python
- Languages: good in English (written and spoken)
- Education: excellent degree (Master) in machine learning, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related fields with excellent marks
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates).
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Kathrin Skubch (Functional Department)
+49 173 2094707