Software Engineer, Big Data Analytics
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Robert Bosch is a world-class manufacturer with over 200 plants and thousands of assembly lines world-wide. Our products impact hundreds of millions of people every day, many in safety critical systems. We rely on data for every aspect of our manufacturing operations and we collect a lot of it.
Our team is responsible for streaming Bosch manufacturing data to centralized analytics platforms and building data-based services for a wide variety of Bosch engineering teams.
We are looking for a talented engineer who is passionate about building fault-tolerant data services and analytics tools. Your work will be used by hundreds of Bosch engineers and have global impact by improving the quality and value of Bosch products.
- Collaborate with other data scientist and data engineers to design, prioritize and implement new features for our AI software products to solve real customer problems
- Write clear, maintainable and tested code
- Develop software that can scale efficiently for big data applications running on Hadoop based cluster
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience with Python (Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy)
- 1+ years’ experience with at least one of the following: Java, Scala, C/C++
- 1+ years’ experience developing and operating customer-facing data services
- 1+ years’ experience using distributed systems to process large volumes of data (e.g. Apache Spark / Hadoop)
- Experience integrating probabilistic, statistical and/or machine learning methods into user facing software products
- Basic understanding of machine learning algorithms and feature engineering.
- Prior experience with software shipping cycles – development, deployment, and open source contributions preferred
- Proficient with Linux & Bash scripting
- Excellent communication skills
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.