Lean Manufacturing Intern
- Pilsley Rd, Clay Cross, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
Originally founded in 1962, Worcester became part of the Worldwide Bosch Group in 1996 and we are the UK market leader in domestic boilers.
Our commitment to the highest standards of manufacturing has led our boilers to receive coveted Which? Best Buy awards for nine years running, and for Worcester to receive a Royal Warrant for supplying our boilers to Her Majesty The Queen’s Sandringham Estate.
Based at our Clay Cross plant, our internships give you the chance to work for a dynamic company to enrich your knowledge and experience. During your 12-month program you will have the opportunity to support on a range of topics and become an integral part of the Worcester Bosch team.
- Proactively support the application of lean manufacturing (Bosch Production System/BPS) to ensure processes are flexible and efficient within a continuous improvement environment.
- To support the implementation and maintenance of material control systems in line with lean manufacturing (BPS) and business requirements.
- Support project and workshop activities that arise from new process and product introductions.
- Assist with internal and external BPS plant system audits.
- To support the use of value stream mapping and design, which covers process, information and material flows.
- Proactively supporting continuous improvement principles.
An undergraduate student with a desire to complete a 12 month work placement as part of degree studies.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic, hardworking and diligent with excellent communication skills and time management. They will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
Application Closing Date: 26 April 2019
If you are successful in the recruitment stage, you will be contacted for an interview assessment.