PhD - Robot Learning from Humans
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
In recent years reinforcement learning has been highly successful in learning robot skills for manipulation and interaction. Future robots working alongside, or collaborating with humans will need to aquire new skills and refine them on the fly without expert supervision. As humans are experts in everyday tasks, robots can rely on their feedback, demonstrations, or corrective actions to understand the objective of a task and learn the required skills autonomously and efficiently.
The PhD research will focus on what kind of feedback is informative for the robot and easy to communicate by the human, what kind of control policies are suitable for this setting and how to learn efficiently and autonomously from humans.
- Personality: team player, highly motivated to explore new ideas and to develop a personal research agenda, motivated to collaborate closely with a research team
- Working Practice: structured and logically
- Experience and Knowledge: in Machine Learning and Robotics, profound knowledge in reinforcement learning and human-robot interaction are plus, proven programming skills in Python, and/or C++. Programming in Matlab and experience with ROS are plus
- Languages: strong written and oral skills in English
- Education: excellent Master of Science in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related fields with excellent grades
The final PhD topic is subject to your university.
Duration: 3 years
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Andras Kupcsik (Functional Department)
+49 1525 7908878