Intern on Secure Distributed Systems
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America (www.boschresearch.com) with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 50 billion euro revenue, 400,000 associates worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 130 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of sensors, circuit design, wireless solutions, energy materials and technologies, complex simulations, software engineering, human machine interaction technologies, car infotainment, web technologies and autonomous systems such as robotics. In all areas we work in close collaboration with our partners at leading US universities, leading-edge industry partners, and other worldwide Bosch research, development, and marketing units.
Bosch Research and Technology in Pittsburgh has an open position for a passionate, strong and experienced researcher intern to work on a variety of applied cryptography, security, and privacy related projects. This is a unique applied research opportunity to have a real impact on Bosch’s business. We work in a variety of research projects spanning automotive system security, privacy for data intensive applications, security in distributed (sensor, Internet-of-Things) systems. Applicants with a history of building secure systems or interested in seeing products from conception all the way to product delivery are particularly encouraged to apply.
Ideal candidates for this position should have experience in the following areas:
- System Security, network security, trusted computing.
- Applied cryptography, privacy enhancing technologies.
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. program in computer science, electrical engineering or closely related field
- Strong interest and experience in building secure systems and having a real world impact.
- Fluent in a high-level programming language (e.g., C/C++, Java, python, etc.)
- Strong publication record or evidence of having created or contributed to innovative solutions (e.g., through patents or patent applications).
- Experience with Multi-Party computation and secret sharing schemes.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)