PhD - Machine Learning for Robot Manipulation
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
At the BCAI at Bosch, we are building a new group for machine learning for robot manipulation. The group will be located at the University of Tübingen and led by Prof. Gerhard Neumann. The BCAI is a leading lab in machine learning and artificial intelligence which regularly publishes at top venues such as NIPS and ICML. Our aspiration for the new group is to become one of the leading robotics groups in world. We aim to make robot manipulation useable in the real world, such as cluttered unknown environments consisting of unknown, possibly deformable objects where fine and forceful manipulations need to be applied to the scene such as object assembly. Our research will be focused on the development of new learning algorithms that are useable in these scenarios.
We are looking for new PhD students in the following areas:
- Deep learning methods for robot vision and robot control
- Model-based and model-free deep reinforcement learning
- Imitation learning and inverse reinforcement learning
- Hierarchical reinforcement learning
- Uncertainty quantification in deep learning models
- Learning from human feedback
- Information-theoretic learning methods
- Efficient robot movement representations
- Skill libraries and hierarchical skill learning
- Teleoperation and shared control for user guidance
- Personality: highly motivated to work on these challenging topics and develop a personal research agenda
- Working Practice: team-oriented, open-minded and inquisitive
- Experience and Knowledge: excellent skills in Python, ROS, C++ or Matlab and excellent math skills, knowledge in the areas of machine learning and robotics is preferential
- Languages: very good in English (written and spoken)
- Education: excellent degree (Master) in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, math or related fields with excellent marks.
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates).
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Kevin Heiner (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 12223