PhD - Safe Active Learning
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch Gmbh is looking forward to your application!
Data based modeling is central for many Bosch applications. Data collection is often time consuming and expensive. Active Learning is a strategy to maximize the information gathered within an experiment by choosing samples that are most informative. Depending on the system, data collection can be safety critical. Therefore, safe active learning performs the system’s exploration while considering safety requirements.
- Create something new: As a very important part of your PhD you develop algorithms for safe active learning and derive their theoretical foundations (by theorems and proofs).
- Integrated implementation: You implement prototypes and you computational demonstrate their advantage compared to state-of-the-art.
- Networked communication: Last but not least, you publish and present the results at top-tier conferences and journals.
- Education: excellent degree (Master) in mathematics, physics, computer science or machine learning program
- Experience: in developing algorithms including their theoretical basis (theorems and proofs), modeling, e. g. model training/parameter estimation, preferably with Gaussian processes or Neural Networks
- Personality: inquisitive and communicative
- Working Practice: logical thinking and team-oriented
- Qualifications: profound programming skills, in particular Python or Matlab
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken)
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates).