Senior Research Scientist – 3D Computer Vision and Machine Learning (Principal level position also available)
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com/research), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Human Machine Interaction (HMI), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design. In all areas, we work in close collaboration with our partners at leading US universities, leading-edge industry partners, and other worldwide Bosch research, development, and marketing units.
The focus of our global HMI research includes Visual Computing, Audio and Language Computing, Conversational AI, Smart Wearables and Haptics, Robotics, User Experience (UX) and Human Factors, etc. We develop intuitive, interactive and intelligent solutions to enable an inspiring UX for Bosch products and services in application areas such as autonomous driving, car infotainment and driver assistance systems (ADAS), Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things (IoT), security systems, smart home and building solutions, health care, and robotics.
As a part of the global Human Machine Interaction research unit, our group is responsible for shaping the user experience of future Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies in the fields of mixed reality, robotics perception and human robot interaction. We focus on developing innovative solutions to hard challenges in computer vision, needed for human interaction with intelligent and autonomous systems. We work with internal partners at various Bosch business units to transfer our ideas and solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with leading research groups in academia and industry to promote new ideas and dissemination of key findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals, e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ICRA, ISMAR, ECCV, NIPS, ICLR, TVCG, SIGGRAPH etc.
The ideal candidate will passionately drive and further advance innovations in the field of computer vision but not limited to machine learning based approaches. The work encompasses research, development and implementation of novel algorithms and guidance of business units to bring the ideas to products. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct advanced research and engineering in computer vision and machine/deep learning for mixed reality, visual sensing and robotics
- Design and develop complete solutions to enable natural human machine/robot interaction
- Transfer of algorithm/software/system to Bosch products
- Summarization of R&D findings in high-quality paper and/or patent submissions
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in developing real-time and high quality Computer Vision and/or Robotics Systems
- 3+ years programming experience in C++, Python, or Java and hands on experience with libraries such as OpenCV, Tensorflow, and PyTorch
- Publication record in top venues including CVPR, ICCV, ICRA, ISMAR, ECCV, NIPS, ICLR, TVCG, SIGGRAPH.
- 3+ years of experience in leading Computer Vision and Machine Learning Research & Development
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.