Finance manager (GS)
- Keys Road, Nix's Hill Industrial Estate, Alfreton, Derbyshire, gb
- Legal Entity: sia Abrafoam Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
sia Abrasives Ltd (part of the Bosch Power Tools/Accessories Division) is an innovative manufacturer of non-woven and foam abrasive products as well as a distributer in the UK of coated abrasives. The sites in Greetland, West Yorkshire and Alfreton, Derbyshire, have a wealth of experience in the manufacture and development of abrasive products, ideally complementing sia Abrasives’ systems solutions.
Reporting directly into the Head of CF for the Bosch UK Shared Services and to the Head of Finance on a local level, the postholder will oversee the accounts team for all 3 sia UK businesses (sia Fibral Ltd, sia Abrafoam Ltd, sia Abrasives (G.B.) Ltd) with overall responsibility for the preparation of month end accounts and supporting year-end requirements meeting the companies’ timescale deadlines. In addition the role will require analysis and management information, reconciliation of intercompany accounts and payment of intercompany invoices through the Netting for the sia legal entities.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager
- Operate as one team within Finance, sia UK and Bosch globally. Help create a positive team spirit throughout the organisation
- Building better working relationships and utilise through business networks to improve intercompany reconciliations and payments through Netting
- Create and support a culture of continuous improvement
- Support in harmonization and standardization of processes within Finance
- Assist in identifying ways to create efficiencies. Identify process improvements that will create a time or resource efficiency
- Support Fast Actual Reporting “FAR” during month end close by preparing accounts by WD1
Month End Duties
- Reconciling the fixed asset register and posting depreciation on a monthly basis
- Calculate and posting payroll journal prior to month end processes.
- Calculate and post-holiday pay and annualised hours accruals.
- Calculate sales rebates and raise credit notes quarterly and annually
- Prepare all accrual journals on working day one including general accruals and prepayments, goods in transit, goods received not invoiced, agency and freight accruals
- Complete all month end journals in AX on working day one for depreciation, exchange rate adjustments, closing stock, also ensuring work orders are closed
- Provide support to the team in the preparation of the month end management accounts upto TB level and provide analysis
- Raise all free text invoices before the end of the first week of the month, ensuring enough processing time for the purchase ledger functions to process in the current month
- Ensure detective controls are being completed in accordance with Bosch internal controls
- Provide support to ensure Group VAT submission is completed in a timely manner, including EC Sales, Intrastat and VAT for each company
- Complete balance sheet reconciliation in week 3 of every month and ensure variance are posted in the month in line with the risk matrix.
- Reconcile, analyse and clear down historical purchase orders receipted where no invoice has been posted (trade accounts received not invoiced) account
- Ensure internal controls are followed
- Monitoring of company credit cards with Barclaycard
- Prepare the intercompany transaction templates and upload into the intercompany reconciliation using SAP.
- Match off any intercompany payments with the corresponding invoice in SAP as part of the intercompany reconciliation.
- Prepare and submit the intercompany netting and produce remittance advices.
- On receipt of the approximate and final netting notification, prepare and complete the posting journal and match off all paid invoices
Year End Duties
- Produce tax analysis information that is required by the company’s auditors
- Produce analysis to provide to the company’s auditors for supporting the companies accounts
- Produce Bosch Group reporting packs in line with IFRS requirements within deadlines
- Proven people management skills and of managing a team
- IT literate, minimum requirement to be able to use Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word at ideally intermediate / advanced level .
- Team player
- Positive communicator
- Able to accept "change" and work flexibly to high standards
- Work under own initiative and be self-motivating
- Customer focused (internal and external)
- Proactive response to problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Be able to work flexibly, ability to support and work with various departments and levels of management
- AAT qualified, ACMA or ACA (part or wholly qualified).
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
Competitive benefits and services including pension, life assurance, 24 holidays + statutory leave, employee assistance programme, flexible working options, employee discounts on Bosch goods, development opportunities, close to motorway links and on-site parking